Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-18-2020, 10:09 PM   #1576
kscoob
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 513600
Post p2096, p0137 on Stock 2008 Impreza Sedan

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Sedan stock, 113k miles

Codes: p2096, p0137

My exhaust was leaking at multiple points. After I got this fixed, the codes came back after a few days. When cleared, the CEL will illuminate after a few mins driving on the highway.

I believe that the Upstream AF sensor has a rich bias. About 5 minutes after the car warms up, it produces a consistent negative current (-0.05-0 mA). Its voltage is 2.1-2.2 V. In that time the LTFT drops from 0 to -4%.

The downstream O2 sensor provides reasonable values at first, in the 1.2-0.4 V range. However this gradually drops to 0.01-0.02 V.

The MAF sensor appears to be responsive, increasing with engine RPM.
2 g/s at idle, 10 g/s at 3000RPM.

I dont hear any vac leak whistles while the engine is being revved with the hood up.

Any ideas?
kscoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2020, 11:16 AM   #1577
GoranNoSuponsaa
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 515535
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza Wagon
Silver

2007 Impreza 2.5i Wagon, stock, 136k miles

Code: P0171 System Too Lean (Bank 1)

Taking a look at this in a bit. Either dirty MAF or serious vacuum leak. Built a DIY smoke tester out of a soldering iron and a pickle jar. Will update when I clear the code.
GoranNoSuponsaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:17 AM   #1578
Jerpster
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 515697
Vehicle:
08 WRX

Here's one for you. I'm posting in this not because of a code. But the lack there of.

I'm the third owner of my 08 wrx. It has 155k miles. I bought it at 100k. Timing belt was done by PO at 90K. Paperwork to prove it was done. It was after my idler pulley exploded that I realized only belt and tensioner pulley were replaced. So I'm here about the lack of P0340 0345 codes. I have the timing belt cover off and found the issue.

Might I be the luckiest man in the world and just need to replace broken cog pulley check timing and replace timing belt water pump and compression test?

Thoughts?

Last edited by Jerpster; 06-18-2020 at 03:24 AM.
Jerpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:37 AM   #1579
aswresm
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 482455
Default 2012 Subaru Impreza with CEL p02419

Any idea what to look for when trying to fix that CEL. T
Thanks in advance.
aswresm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:53 PM   #1580
mariposawrick
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 447616

This reply is for the general good.I expect most here are aware, but I just retaught myself this handy trick. When trying to determine my CEL reason, codes, etc., and what to fix first I noticed that my positive battery terminal was very corroded when I disconnected it. After cleaning the terminal and reconnecting it I noticed that the CEL was off. This was several weeks and over 500 miles ago. Codes are cleared, no CEL. Hope this helps others before they spend hundreds on parts they m ay not even need.
mariposawrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 01:40 AM   #1581
Glass_Pizza
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 523427
Default P0134 08 Sti Hatch

I have an 08 sti hatch with no sensor activity after looking under the car I found the sensor out of the exhaust, stripped, I managed to place it back in but now the car stutters under load and runs extremely rich, any help is greatly appreciated
Glass_Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:37 AM   #1582
Shift3r
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 523883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass_Pizza View Post
I have an 08 sti hatch with no sensor activity after looking under the car I found the sensor out of the exhaust, stripped, I managed to place it back in but now the car stutters under load and runs extremely rich, any help is greatly appreciated
that sensor needs replacing as they begin to misread air/fuel ratios when they’re damaged
Shift3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 11:49 AM   #1583
Phoenix Rising
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 136570
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza WRX
Java Black Pearl

Edit: 2004 WRX
Codes: None Found

It's been awhile since I've posted, but this one makes absolutely no sense to me.

Driving down the highway (5th gear) just cruising (not romping on it) the CEL starts flashing and there's a noticeable loss of power and some shaking. Usually, that indicates a misfire, however, no codes are present. It idles rough and just straight sounds terrible.

I've cleaned the MAF, replaced plugs, and installed a new Denso oxygen sensor (upstream). After that, it will crank okay (sometimes it has trouble), idle correctly for about 15 seconds and then it goes to super rough.

My next logical step would be the TPS since I looked at live data (twice) and during one of them it read the throttle angle at 0% event though I revved to 2.5k gently (see video). The second time, I did the exact same thing and it showed me a max of 8.

Would the TPS going out cause all these issues? Could a coil pack be going out? I'll link a Google Drive folder with different things I've looked at. Just keep in mind the only changes you'll see are from idle to 2.5k rpm. Thanks in advance.

Google Drive Folder
Phoenix Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 09:46 PM   #1584
Scoobslife
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 529389
Default 11 wrx

I have an invidia turbo back with a divorced down pipe cel is on for o2 I'm hoping after some research I can get it tuned out though please anyone knows give me advice
Scoobslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 10:40 AM   #1585
DirtyWRX08
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 529592
Default Check your coil packs for ANY misfires first

Long story short.
Just installed all this on my 08

VF52 Turbo
Injector Dynamics X-Series Fuel Injectors Top Feed 1050cc 2002-2014 WRX
Deatschwerks DW65C Fuel Pump w/ Install Kit
Tomei Fuel Pressure Regulator Type-L
COBB LF Bypass Valve 2008-2014 WRX
COBB Short Ram SF Cold Air Intake
Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid
Grimmspeed Air Oil Separator
Turbo XS Front Mount Intercooler Silver
COBB Turbo Heat Shield
Perrin Turbo Inlet Hose
Invidia Cat Back Exhaust
Invidia catless downpipe
1-step colder spark plugs

After 69 days I finally was driving again. Until cylinder 1 misfires like CRAZY. talking +80 misfires just at idle.

First thing I thought was the coil pack. Well behold. And you would think that after doing spark plugs he would've said something but nah, let's just slap it back in.

DirtyWRX08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 12:41 AM   #1586
Wheat77
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 483928

I know I'm bumping an old thread here, but I've only ever lurked these forums and don't have enough replies to make my own thread yet so here we go -

Just recently bought a 2016 Impreza Sport 2.0i Premium with 124,004 miles on the clock. Car was in excellent shape aside from a worn rear bearing (already replaced, man that was easy) and a CEL with code P1449. Previous owner said he replaced the gas cap and when that didn't fix it he said "screw it, I live in a no-emissions-check county and it performs fine" so he stopped trying to remedy it.

Now I did some research beforehand and knew a few things to check, hoping I'd be able to find the issue and fix it quick. But here's the thing, I've checked everything I can think of and I'm *still* getting the code returning.

So yeah, P1449, car clears all other readiness checks but evap, no other pending codes.

Checklist so far:
-Replaced gas cap (P/O did, maybe I should test this new cap? nothing seems wrong with it)
-Pulled and checked Purge Control Solenoid Valve (per
) - holds closed, opens on 12v just fine, no blockages, no debris inside
-Pulled
-Pulled and checked Vapor Canister (circled in red), Emissions Check Valve (circled in blue), and Valve Canister Drain (circled in green) - this was a huge PITA and involved dropping the diff and exhaust, then a bunch of gymnastics to pop hoses of a wriggle these assemblies out from above the diff.

I was sure I'd find an issue with one of these or the hoses connected to them, but everything was clean, flowed correctly, opened and operated correctly, etc. etc. I cleaned them all up and put everything back together exactly how it was, reset the code again, and BAM, threw P1449 on me after a 15 minute drive.

Now, it seems to specifically throw the code after clearing all other emissions readiness checks, and during a deceleration from 60mph down to low speed/stop without hitting the brakes (following recommendations on the optimal drive cycle to clear the checks).

I'm stumped and about to take it to a tech, but I'm not sure what they can check that I haven't already.

Any ideas anyone?
Wheat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 12:43 AM   #1587
Wheat77
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 483928

Solved it! It was spiderwebs in the vapor canister drain vent. Here's what the webs looked like:

And they were in the connector on the other end of this hose coming off of the evap assembly. If you trace the tube circled in red away from that white part (in the direction of the arrow), it ends at this connector clipped into the body. Gotta kinda wrestle it out and you'll probably break the clip a little, but as long as you can wedge it back in that hole you should be good. You don't have to do anything but lift the car up to get to this. If you're having the same issue I was having, check this first. It wasn't even that packed with webs but I guess it was enough to f**k it up.

Good luck.

Last edited by Wheat77; 10-14-2023 at 05:35 PM.
Wheat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 12:28 PM   #1588
Psythus
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 536810
Question P0300 After Just Buying - Dealer says phantom?!?

Code: P0300 Random Misfire over all cylinders
Year: 2014 WRX Hatchback
Milage: 80k

I bought this car and after quarter tank of gas CEL came on. Before I bought it, initially they did repair on the exhaust, as it "held on with one bolt." That's all they said there besides rear brakes (rotors too) and wheel bearing so ... yay 2k off price of ~18k.

I brought it in, they checked plugs, changed one and the expected problem for a new coil in #4 to try and fix problem. They noticed a cut wire on engine harness, did nothing about it. They give it back, code comes back on. I bring it back obviously on them for cost. They give to an actual sub dealership, they get it in and because they're being cheap, just say to put "better gas in" (I know to use premium from my DOHC NA Stealth I had for YEARS) and I get it back with compression tests showing great (for the miles) loss at only around 3% max over all cylinders. Ignored engine harness of course for cost. It comes back on when I get it back second time.

Third time, not messing around, they DO replace for an updated engine harness. They put on a new timing belt, some gaskets, cleaned out EGR valve and intake system. They checked mass air sensor and plugs and all great. They say it's coming on during idle. I THINK that the car is accelerating normally but do not have reference for when it boosts, it DOES feel like either turbo lag or the boost is in some way limited psi but I don't have boost gauge... the car is basic inside compared to next gens, so no gauge bezzle to see if boost is dropping or nominal.

I'm left with them saying it's probably a phantom misfire...? But I have to keep clearing the code as this one is a perma code for P0300 random/multi cylinder misfire and they are just at a loss now as to the problem. They called engineers at subaru and still confused if there's something going to REALLY snowball into catastrophic failure between the 10k miles left on my 100k/2y drivetrain warranty.

I'm begging for a solution. I wish I could give the car back and grab the 2018 for same price that just popped up here in our small community, but they HAVE done a lot of work on it and it's $5,000 I can take off the price. Is there ANYTHING else I should be looking at? I'm waiting on a call back if the exhaust was checked thoroughly for clogged cat, or leak from manifold to tailpipe which I've seen can be a reason for p0300. (There is no codes for ranges of cylinders of p0301-p0304 thankfully) But I just feel someone monkey'd with the car, knew this was there, cleared the code, and traded in.. and I just hate feeling like it's sick in some way or not performing like it should because of this. The misfire comes on randomly, and can't feel anything different when it does. I'm just depressed, I wanted one so bad (I am retired firefighter, don't have A LOT of extra money for something like this to happen) and got this from a dealership for the peace of mind that I do not have. They don't want to dump any more money into this problem and I just said well I guess this is what I'm stuck with... I just don't know what else to do. I mean new fuel injection? New fuel pump? With compression loss being so good for 88k miles... is it really even an issue that could be making it under-perform?? IDK brothers and sisters please tell me if anyone else has had these continued mystery p0300's
Psythus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 06:55 AM   #1589
legrand
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 537169

Hello,
P0130: Circuit du capteur d'oxygène (Capteur 1 de la banque 1)
2008/Subaru/Impreza
Kilométrage : 100 000 km
Solution au problème : Remplacement du capteur d'oxygène.
legrand is offline   Reply With Quote