Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > SVX Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-10-2001, 01:45 AM   #1
CHRISSVX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3564
Unhappy IS MY SVX GOING TO BE A MONEY PIT ?

My baby is having diff crown wheel +pinion
bearings and carrier replaced, a new converter,transmission overhaul and transmission fluid cooler flush due to what i suspect is me giving the car to someone that supposedly specializes in auto transmissions road testing for a slight whining sound(this time my wife was not in the car so I can not blame her )it also had a cracked housing.
this is nearly a new box any advice as to how to avoid another wallet bashing!!!!!
ps how do I get fog lights into my car ,we still have pea soupers here in GB
TextText
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2001, 02:59 PM   #2
CRZ_MSL
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1610
Yup, sounds like your SVX could well be a money pit.

I'm thinking that the mother country is still similar in most ways to the US, so I'll offer these suggestions:
  • [1]Unless it is a Subaru dealer, avoid chain/franchise repair shops
    [2]When in doubt, see suggestion #1

As for fog lights, there isn't any way for you to mount them unless you want them out exposed to the elements and fingers of opportunistic theives, or you do a custom modification of your front bumper cover.

The two inboard-most lights are supposed to be fog lights in the US. Ha. All they do for me is get other people to think I have my high-beams on.

Old 02-10-2001, 03:01 PM   #3
CRZ_MSL
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1610
Addendum: +MY+ SVX has not been a money pit at all.

If you get everything fixed correctly the first time, and maintain it properly thereafter, you will be a VERY happy camper. If the previous owner of the SVX skipped on maintaining this wonderful car, you are likely in for bad times.
Old 02-10-2001, 06:10 PM   #4
kastle
Frank Army

Member#: 1457
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
1999 Outback Sport
Steel Blue Mica

Mine hasn't been a money pit other than the turbo kit
Old 02-11-2001, 06:23 AM   #5
nubbsjr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 174
Talking

Mine hasn't been a money pit either, the only work I have done to mine was things that I wanted to do.
Old 02-11-2001, 11:58 AM   #6
glenstiles
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2827
Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver, baby, silver

My SVX was well-maintained by the p.o. with records. Just needed to do basic maintenance on my part, and it hasn't been a money pit at all. And for all the gizmos on the car, I am surprised that it has been this reliable. Everything still works... knock on wood.

Glen