Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Pre-2002 Factory Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-23-2021, 09:17 AM   #1
Hitokiri_Gensai
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 147370
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1994 TommyKaira M20t
Dark Green Pearl

Default EJ20H valvetrain problems

So i have a 94 Legacy GT with an EJ20H that i sadly bent a valve in. I was able to get part numbers from Australia (shout out to AM Auto in Noosaville!!) Which almost everything crossed to US part numbers except the exhaust valves OE part number: 13202AA283.

After searching far and wide including some sources in Japan, ive come up empty. Does anyone have any ideas on what valves can be used? Ive seen a number of conflicting reports of various valves from US engines but seeing as everything ive found is different, im hesitant to trust the info.

Hopefully someone has some info or a source??
Hitokiri_Gensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2021, 04:43 PM   #2
dfj240
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 450300
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2022 Forester W'ness

So, you definitely have a problem there. The EJ20H used a different head design than other EJ20s, and the valves used on the H were the shortest valves that Subaru used for any of the EJ20s at 94.0mm. To add perspective to that, my 93 WRX (EJ20G) exhaust valves are a whole 10.6mm longer!

The only place that I know of that you could order them from is directly from Dokuro in Japan. To my knowledge, Dokuro was the original supplier of the valvetrain on the EJ engines, and they can always reproduce anything that they have specs for. They might be a bit costly, but I really don't know. Valves generally aren't that expensive in general, so it might just be the shipping that will cause you grief. Anyway, worth a shot if you're still unable to find anything.

https://www.enginevalve.co.jp/order.html

Hope this helps.
dfj240 is offline   Reply With Quote