Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-24-2022, 05:00 PM   #1
Vuddha
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 304384
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS Sedan
Blue Ridge Pearl

Default Multi-Screen ICE setup

Car audio/in-car entertainment question: I have an older car (GC 2.5 RS with GD dash swap) and I will be installing a new radio with a touchscreen that supports Apple Carplay/Android Auto. This is going in the OEM option hood that replaces the clock pod, which means that I now have space to have a second 7 inch screen on my dash in the center console, and I want to be able to mirror what's on my phone screen on this second monitor while my phone is plugged into the touch screen radio. This would allow a dedicated screen for nav and the other screen for music/gauges, etc.

Reading the manual for my radio (SSL SDML9ACP) there is no mention of additional monitor support.
I've tried looking up if anyone else has done this, but when I do a search, all I get is split-screen support for Android Auto, which is not what I'm looking to do. Does anyone know it it's possible to plug a phone into an Apple Carplay/Android Auto radio and mirror your screen on a separate screen at the same time?

Alternatively, I could build an in-car Android PC that would use the second touchscreen, and have that plugged into the new radio, and then I would need to tether the phone to the Android PC.

Situation 1:
---------------------------------------------Radio
Phone --(some sort of hub/splitter)---<
---------------------------------------------Touchscreen (mirrored)

Situation 2:
Phone------- Android PC --------- Radio

Thoughts or suggestions?

-Vu
Vuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links