Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-19-2022, 02:06 AM   #1
604wrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 464372
Default 2020 WRX Perrin sway bar and endlinks clunking noises

Hey guys

I fixed this issues last week when I followed all the torque specs on sway bar, endlinks and lower control members here were recommending for aftermarket parts .
I have a 24mm Perrin sway bar on hard setting and Perrin endlinks.

Car drive perfect not one single noise for a week and yesterday I had the car lifted up to install splash guards and after that I started hearing some clunking noises again in any body twist motion. It's not as bad as before but I'm wondering if there is a fix to this?

Thanks for reading
604wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2022, 02:28 AM   #2
meng
*** Banned ***

Member#: 530093
Smile https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/register.php?do=register

Sunresin is an innovation oriented high-tech enterprise, specialized in supplying Ion exchange resins***12304;https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/reg...ister***12305;, adsorption & separation resins, equipment solutions and relevant technical services. With almost 20 years of manufacturing experience, it is the listed company in the IER industry (Shenzhen Stock code 300487) which provides a high level of transparency to its customers. Sunresin manufactures about 50,000M³ of ion exchange resins and adsorbers annually, supplying furthermore customers with tens of adsorption and separation equipment. Sunresin's resin portfolio include about 25 product categories and more than 200 different resin types which are broadly used in industries such as: Water and Waste water treatment, Food Processing, Biotech, Pharmaceuticals, Plant Extraction, Membrane Caustic Soda, Hydrometallurgy, as well as Municipal Water Treatment among others.
meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:30 AM   #3
meng
*** Banned ***

Talking https://www.seplite.com/Ion-Exchange-Resins.html

Sunresin is an innovation oriented high-tech enterprise, specialized in supplying Ion exchange resins***12304;https://www.seplite.com/Ion-Exchange....html***12305;, adsorption & separation resins, equipment solutions and relevant technical services. With almost 20 years of manufacturing experience, it is the listed company in the IER industry (Shenzhen Stock code 300487) which provides a high level of transparency to its customers. Sunresin manufactures about 50,000M³ of ion exchange resins and adsorbers annually, supplying furthermore customers with tens of adsorption and separation equipment. Sunresin's resin portfolio include about 25 product categories and more than 200 different resin types which are broadly used in industries such as: Water and Waste water treatment, Food Processing, Biotech, Pharmaceuticals, Plant Extraction, Membrane Caustic Soda, Hydrometallurgy, as well as Municipal Water Treatment among others.
Old 05-19-2022, 02:36 AM   #4
meng
*** Banned ***

Wink https://www.seplite.com/Ion-Exchange-Resins.html

Sunresin is an innovation oriented high-tech enterprise, specialized in supplying Ion exchange resinshttps://www.seplite.com/Ion-Exchange-Resins.html, adsorption & separation resins, equipment solutions and relevant technical services. With almost 20 years of manufacturing experience, it is the listed company in the IER industry (Shenzhen Stock code 300487) which provides a high level of transparency to its customers. Sunresin manufactures about 50,000M³ of ion exchange resins and adsorbers annually, supplying furthermore customers with tens of adsorption and separation equipment. Sunresin's resin portfolio include about 25 product categories and more than 200 different resin types which are broadly used in industries such as: Water and Waste water treatment, Food Processing, Biotech, Pharmaceuticals, Plant Extraction, Membrane Caustic Soda, Hydrometallurgy, as well as Municipal Water Treatment among others.
Old 05-19-2022, 02:37 AM   #5
meng
*** Banned ***

Old 05-19-2022, 02:38 AM   #6
meng
*** Banned ***

Default https://www.seplite.com/Ion-Exchange-Resins.html

Old 05-19-2022, 03:40 AM   #7
meng
*** Banned ***

At the Track

Sunresin is an innovation oriented high-tech enterprise, specialized in supplying Ion exchange resins< a href="https://www.seplite.com/Ion-Exchange-Resins.html">, adsorption & separation resins, equipment solutions and relevant technical services. With almost 20 years of manufacturing experience, it is the listed company in the IER industry (Shenzhen Stock code 300487) which provides a high level of transparency to its customers. Sunresin manufactures about 50,000M³ of ion exchange resins and adsorbers annually, supplying furthermore customers with tens of adsorption and separation equipment. Sunresin's resin portfolio include about 25 product categories and more than 200 different resin types which are broadly used in industries such as: Water and Waste water treatment, Food Processing, Biotech, Pharmaceuticals, Plant Extraction, Membrane Caustic Soda, Hydrometallurgy, as well as Municipal Water Treatment among others.
Old 05-19-2022, 04:04 AM   #8
meng
*** Banned ***

Smile

Old 05-19-2022, 10:49 AM   #9
REX_WGN
Scooby Guru

Member#: 107618
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
06 GG WRX / 09 FXT
@florencedestinedfxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604wrx View Post
Hey guys

I fixed this issues last week when I followed all the torque specs on sway bar, endlinks and lower control members here were recommending for aftermarket parts .
I have a 24mm Perrin sway bar on hard setting and Perrin endlinks.

Car drive perfect not one single noise for a week and yesterday I had the car lifted up to install splash guards and after that I started hearing some clunking noises again in any body twist motion. It's not as bad as before but I'm wondering if there is a fix to this?

Thanks for reading
It's probably the full droop on the lift that caused something to slip a little and now it's loose enough to clunk again.

I would get it up on ramps and re-torque everything. Then, if you have the time and patience, I would start with the endlink-to-rear lower control arms connections and tighten another 3-5 ft-lbs to see if it helps make a difference. If it still clunks then try the endlink-to-swaybar for another 3-5 ft-lbs over spec.
REX_WGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 10:50 AM   #10
REX_WGN
Scooby Guru

Member#: 107618
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
06 GG WRX / 09 FXT
@florencedestinedfxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by meng View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by meng View Post
Sunresin is an innovation oriented high-tech enterprise, specialized in supplying Ion exchange resins< a href="https://www.seplite.com/Ion-Exchange-Resins.html">, adsorption & separation resins, equipment solutions and relevant technical services. With almost 20 years of manufacturing experience, it is the listed company in the IER industry (Shenzhen Stock code 300487) which provides a high level of transparency to its customers. Sunresin manufactures about 50,000M³ of ion exchange resins and adsorbers annually, supplying furthermore customers with tens of adsorption and separation equipment. Sunresin's resin portfolio include about 25 product categories and more than 200 different resin types which are broadly used in industries such as: Water and Waste water treatment, Food Processing, Biotech, Pharmaceuticals, Plant Extraction, Membrane Caustic Soda, Hydrometallurgy, as well as Municipal Water Treatment among others.
Admins, please ban this spammer
REX_WGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 01:05 AM   #11
604wrx
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_WGN View Post
It's probably the full droop on the lift that caused something to slip a little and now it's loose enough to clunk again.

I would get it up on ramps and re-torque everything. Then, if you have the time and patience, I would start with the endlink-to-rear lower control arms connections and tighten another 3-5 ft-lbs to see if it helps make a difference. If it still clunks then try the endlink-to-swaybar for another 3-5 ft-lbs over spec.
Yea I think I may have dropped the car too fast on the jack. Lol I'll try re torque everything and see how it goes
Old 06-02-2022, 05:00 PM   #12
604wrx
Scooby Newbie

Seems like the noise just went away on its own. Just drove the car around for few days.
Old 06-14-2022, 01:20 PM   #13
Gonab
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 530394

With mine the noise went away after a few weeks. If yours continues, I would check the grease on the bushings and see if that helps.
Gonab is offline   Reply With Quote