Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-25-2021, 05:14 PM   #101
WhiteRX09
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 321304
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie31 View Post
Yeah, I poked in here and there and saw that people are paying way over MSRP for their cars this year where dealers are begging you to buy their cars last year. I was one of the fortunate ones to take the plunge last year and saved a good chunk of change, that was spent on "minor" mods right as I got the car LOL
You can find them for MSRP if your willing to drive a bit, and avoid ****ty dealers with “Market Adjustments.” Certainly getting harder but they have a lot coming in December it seems.
WhiteRX09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2022, 03:00 PM   #102
Zazvorka
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 528196
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2021 WRX Sport tech
Crystal Black Silica

Default that 2022 release eh

Ohhhhh how well this post has aged, now let's wait to see the used markup on the 2021's this year
Zazvorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 03:37 PM   #103
WallopingTuba
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 488146
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX
Red

A used 2021 with 5k miles on it is going for 45,551. lol the best part is the website says 52,384 retail price, but they're nice enough to give you a 6,800 discount.
WallopingTuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 10:12 AM   #104
sam821
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 177495
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2021 STI Limited
Dark Gray

I ended up getting mine factory ordered for a few hundred/one thousand under MSRP. Went to one dealer who was offering one they had at MSRP, but wasn’t my preferred color, so I went to a different dealer (good reputation) and ordered it from them slightly under MSRP.

It took 2 months from deposit to delivery. Considering the market and the fact there are literally no cars on the lot, you roll with the punches. I have zero regret and quite honestly it was the easiest and most enjoyable car purchase experience I ever had! Worst case I overpaid by $2-3k maybe? That wasn’t too much of a worry in this environment, plus ordering gave me exactly what I wanted.

Good luck to all that are buying! Times have definitely changed
sam821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 10:55 AM   #105
Jack
Add Lightness

Member#: 13699
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2021 Building
It Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallopingTuba View Post
A used 2021 with 5k miles on it is going for 45,551. lol the best part is the website says 52,384 retail price, but they're nice enough to give you a 6,800 discount.
And notice it hasn't sold. My son's STi, bought new a year ago (2020 model year picked up in 2021) base with no options cost him $35,000. That one that the guy said he paid $45,551 had Recaros and some other "who cares" options. Maybe a $40k MSRP car.

I do understand that cars are in short supply and selling for way more than they used to. (I work for a chip manufacturer) There are still better deals to have if you look and are patient. Easy for me as I've waited years to find exactly what I've wanted in the past. I do know of a 5k mile S209 for $64.9k. Probably a good buy if you want to put it under a cover in the garage and look at it 3 times a year. Personally, I'd rather pay barely over half that for a base STi with no options.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 03:26 PM   #106
WReXinEfX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 20405
Vehicle:
2000 OBS WRX Swap
Green

I wouldn't buy another STI, the amount of $ it cost to get more rewarded isn't high enough for the price. There are so many hotter cars out there.

One drive of the Type R you will be reminded why Subaru needs to get their act together. The suspension and tuning done by Honda is amazing vs STI, Type R runs a full sec faster than the Type RA at most tracks. It's not a power issue, it's how Subaru has not refined the engine management, suspension, geometry, and weight distribution.

The reason why Evos are still better than newer STIs because its got great engine management, good drive train.

I don't want to waste another $15k just to sort out a STI to make it competitive vs Type R.
WReXinEfX is offline   Reply With Quote