Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-15-2019, 08:01 AM   #1
Eagleye15
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 498345
Default Billetworkz Review

First and foremost I have no affiliation with Billetworkz. In my search for a new shift knob for my 15 STi I stumbled across some knobs from Billetworkz.
As I looked at some reviews and their website I realized they were located close to me in Lancaster, PA. I like to support local businesses when I can so I reached out to the company over Facebook. They were very responsive and I mentioned my interest in coming out to see the facility and test fit some products if possible. Austin, the owner, was very nice and accommodating. He said he does not normally have people come out (I wanted to be sure to say this since he can't really have people showing up at his shop since he is not there with regular hours)

So this takes me to last Friday when I arrived at the shop.

The Shop:
Modest place in a nice area of Lancaster. Austin rents a room within the larger shop for his operations. A lot of the equipment used to make his custom shift knobs and other accessories are inside this room. In another section of the shop there are several powder coating guns as he has begun doing that operation in house.

Products:
Shift knobs galore! Pictures online do not do them justice. I had a hard time sticking with the classic white that I went there intending to buy. For a small business I was impressed by the amount of inventory Austin had and all of the different shapes and color designs.

Personal Testing:
I test fit several options including the sphere, lightbulb, and teardrop shapes in white, red, and titanium. I liked the lightbulb the best and bought the white Japanese numbers version. Austin installed it in the car for me and made sure everything was exactly the way I wanted it. Immediately I loved the extra weight and feel on the drive home. I am sure this is something I would like with any weighted knob, the difference for me is in the fit and finish of what Billetworkz provides.

I enjoy doing reviews and taking pictures and will try to put up more reviews on this forum. I have used this forum a lot over the years, but haven't posted much. If anyone likes what I am doing I will keep posting them.
Eagleye15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2022, 02:36 PM   #2
tenbux
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 530944
Chapter/Region: MAIC

I ordered a shift knob and license plate delete from Billetworkz at 11:30am on a Tuesday and it was on my doorstep in less than 24 hours... granted I live like 40 miles away.

Quality on everything is great:

The shift knob is machining and finish are both pristine and fitment is perfect, included hardware is pretty good but not premium-feeling. Definitely does the job.

The finish on the license plate delete isn't 100%, there are some tiny little pepperings of silver I can see through the black finish, nothing anyone but myself will ever notice.

Very happy with the value and speed of service.
tenbux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 09:27 PM   #3
RexintheBurgh
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 535171
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX

That's awesome! I never expected the operation to be so small. I've actually encountered Austin in the PA Subaru fb group. Also, definitely do more reviews. I like your investigatory efforts and how well spoken/written you are.
RexintheBurgh is offline   Reply With Quote