Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Baja Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-01-2021, 11:52 AM   #1
Luftwaffles
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 527704
Vehicle:
2003 Baja
Yellow

Default Baja sport lights, suggestions needed!

Recently picked up an 03 Baja and would love to have the sport activity light kit on it. Unfortunately, I can't find a kit anywhere (not terribly surprising). So does anyone know of a similar kit that is around today? One thing i need if i go after market is the stone covers that say baja on them, thats a great look to me. So any ideas on lights/kits/stone guards would be welcome.
Luftwaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2021, 06:30 PM   #2
Leon in PA
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 466854

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffles View Post
Recently picked up an 03 Baja and would love to have the sport activity light kit on it. Unfortunately, I can't find a kit anywhere (not terribly surprising). So does anyone know of a similar kit that is around today? One thing i need if i go after market is the stone covers that say baja on them, thats a great look to me. So any ideas on lights/kits/stone guards would be welcome.
I guess you are not on Facebook, there are a lot of posts on there. A lot does come up if you Google Sport Activity Lights or H1410LS000 for the '03 or H1410LS250 for the '04-'06. Also search on Scoobytruck

The Lights are Hella 500's p/n 005750952, you can epoxy the inside of the covers and sand down the raised Hella 500 and apply decals.

The Switch is obsolete, I was told the Fog switch will work if you remove the locater pin, I have not tried this.

The relay is available 82501AE03A for the '04-06, RY-51 for the '03

I am working on reproducing the brackets and the harness's that go from behind the 3rd brake light to the Sport Activity Lights.

'03's may or may not be pre wired, first things to look for is the switch plug that is supposed to be taped up by the radio and the 4 pin connector behind the 3rd brake light

Last edited by Leon in PA; 12-12-2021 at 07:00 AM.
Leon in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 12:20 AM   #3
Luftwaffles
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 527704
Vehicle:
2003 Baja
Yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon in PA View Post
I guess you are not on Facebook, there are a lot of posts on there. A lot does come up if you Google Sport Activity Lights or H1410LS000 for the '03 or H1410LS250 for the '04-'06. Also search on Scoobytruck

The Lights are Hella 500's p/n 005750952, you can epoxy the inside of the covers and sand down the raised Hella 500 and apply decals.

The Switch is obsolete, I was told the Fog switch will work if you remove the locater pin, I have not tried this.

The relay is available 82501AE03A for the '04-06

I am working on reproducing the brackets and the harness that goes from behind the 3rd brake light to the Sport Activity Lights.

'03's may or may not be pre wired, first things to look for is the switch plug that is supposed to be taped up by the radio and the 4 pin connector behind the 3rd brake light
Found the hella light kit, but yeah nothing of value really comes up if you google the OEM kit number. If I was to wire it myself I'd want the lights on their own switch, which is easy enough to do. I am not really sure how I would wire it though, I am not the most electrically inclined so I do not know how or where I would run the wire harness, what to use or how to get it there. Still haven't found a guide that explains that to me in enough detail to understand. Do you know of any good ones?

Mines a '03 so I am not quite sure if the relays match up. The reproduction of the brackets would be sweet, haven't found a good source on what they look like to try and make one myself.
Luftwaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 06:49 AM   #4
Leon in PA
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 466854

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffles View Post
Found the hella light kit, but yeah nothing of value really comes up if you google the OEM kit number. If I was to wire it myself I'd want the lights on their own switch, which is easy enough to do. I am not really sure how I would wire it though, I am not the most electrically inclined so I do not know how or where I would run the wire harness, what to use or how to get it there. Still haven't found a guide that explains that to me in enough detail to understand. Do you know of any good ones?

Mines a '03 so I am not quite sure if the relays match up. The reproduction of the brackets would be sweet, haven't found a good source on what they look like to try and make one myself.
First thing you may want to do is see if your Baja is pre-wired, if it is not easiest way is to just use the wiring that comes with the Hella lights.

IF it is pre-wired I can make up the 2 harness's for the roof. Big pain is getting to the plug behind the 3rd brake light. The install manual states to remove the right side bed rail, pillar trim, and 3rd brake light trim. May be able get to it by removing the interior trim pieces if your 3rd brake light is notched, it may or may not be.

This is a problem because the round trim clips will break, they are available on ebay 3d printed. The square bolt covers up top sometimes break too, they are only available from salvage yards.

2003 install Manual
http://www.scoobytruck.com/pdf/2003M...Lamp_rev_B.pdf

Link to pictures https://www.flickr.com/photos/324792...57720232198011

Last edited by Leon in PA; 12-12-2021 at 06:57 AM.
Leon in PA is offline   Reply With Quote