Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > FA Series Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-16-2023, 10:46 PM   #3176
krenz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 530610
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
WRB

2016 WRX E60

Intake, Catback, GESI DP, Chargepipe, TMIC, FP Blue

https://datazap.me/u/krenz/wrx16-fbo...g=0&data=10-28

Been seeing a lot of people hitting 400s on the FP Blue. Only made it to 380-395 with the OEM midpipe. Recently, added the full 3 inch midpipe from the OEM midpipe, is there room for more power here now that I have the full catback? Worth a retune? No Nostrum HPFP, will the nostrum let me get the car closer to 450?
krenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2023, 11:51 PM   #3177
Reven93
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 535572
Default Big DAM drop and FKL

My WRX has been hanging right around 0.812 DAM for a a week or two and I wasn't really worried about it. Earlier today I was driving, not that aggressively, when suddenly the car felt like all the power dropped off and I saw the DAM fall to .500 and FKL around -9.

I'm running a COBB Stage1+BigSF map. The only mods are the BigSF intake and an axel back muffler delete.

Does anyone have an idea as to what would cause this?

Before anyone says it, I can't switch to 93 octane or E85. I'm in Northern Utah and neither of those exist out here. Also, I know I should get a real tune. I've been saving to get parts and the tune, I just want to make sure the car doesn't have a bigger issue now.

https://datazap.me/u/reven93/low-dam-big-fkl?log=0&data=25
Reven93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 11:09 AM   #3178
krenz
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reven93 View Post
My WRX has been hanging right around 0.812 DAM for a a week or two and I wasn't really worried about it. Earlier today I was driving, not that aggressively, when suddenly the car felt like all the power dropped off and I saw the DAM fall to .500 and FKL around -9.

I'm running a COBB Stage1+BigSF map. The only mods are the BigSF intake and an axel back muffler delete.

Does anyone have an idea as to what would cause this?

Before anyone says it, I can't switch to 93 octane or E85. I'm in Northern Utah and neither of those exist out here. Also, I know I should get a real tune. I've been saving to get parts and the tune, I just want to make sure the car doesn't have a bigger issue now.

https://datazap.me/u/reven93/low-dam...?log=0&data=25
everythings looks okay. when you get a real tune, your tuner will lyk if there are any issues, but i dont really see anything out of the ordinary here
Old 09-24-2023, 09:09 PM   #3179
Reven93
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 535572

Quote:
Originally Posted by krenz View Post
everythings looks okay. when you get a real tune, your tuner will lyk if there are any issues, but i dont really see anything out of the ordinary here
The -9 fine knock learn is okay? That's the one that had me worried because I've never seen it spike that badly.
Reven93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 01:12 PM   #3180
krenz
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2016 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reven93 View Post
The -9 fine knock learn is okay? That's the one that had me worried because I've never seen it spike that badly.
It's hard to really tell, because FKL can be just learned and displaying again, but it does show that it reaches back up to 0.7 positive at the end of that -9 FKL. You won't be able to do anything with this until you're protuning. They'd put on a base map, absolute minimum and see if you knock there, that way you can see if its probably like a mechanical issue or if something is loose like a heatshield or something.