Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Rocky Mountains Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Rocky Mountains Impreza Club Forum -- RMIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-28-2015, 11:18 PM   #101
godfather2112
Papi Chulo

Member#: 53794
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour_K View Post
Unfortunately I didn't buy the downpipe direct from Crawford, I got it used off a FB group, but would they be willing to provide a proof of cat receipt with a part number essentially? I still have my stock one, so passing won't be an issue, I just haven't had a problem like that before. I thought if you had cats where they should be you were fine, I even told them I'd unbolt my midpipe so they could look down it.
Even if it has a cat it has to meet EPA approval / testing and be approved for street application. If the product is sold as "off road use only", then it is still illegal. Contact Crawford and see if the downpipe has been approved for street use (im doubting it is).

Emission's are starting to get cracked down on, especially in Utah where the air quality is garbage. I'm surprised it took this long to be honest. I'm wondering how all the diesel trucks are getting away with it still.
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2015, 12:48 PM   #102
Sp2Pilot
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 267212
Vehicle:
2015 FXT

Planning on moving back next year. My car is stage 2, and I have the stock DP, so I think I'm good, but have a question.

After I put the stock DP back on, should I change the map back to stage 1, and drive 50+ miles?
Or just limp to inspection with the stage 2 map still on there?

Do they care about intakes? I have an AEM CAI.

What about up pipes and EWG? If I understand correctly, my stock up pipe doesn't have a cat. Will I fail if I have an aftermarket up pipe and EWG?

Thanks guys.

Last edited by Sp2Pilot; 10-11-2015 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Added question about up pipe and EWG
Sp2Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #103
godfather2112
Papi Chulo

Member#: 53794
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp2Pilot View Post
Planning on moving back next year. My car is stage 2, and I have the stock DP, so I think I'm good, but have a question.

After I put the stock DP back on, should I change the map back to stage 1, and drive 50+ miles?
Or just limp to inspection with the stage 2 map still on there?

Do they care about intakes? I have an AEM CAI.

What about up pipes and EWG? If I understand correctly, my stock up pipe doesn't have a cat. Will I fail if I have an aftermarket up pipe and EWG?

Thanks guys.

Hard to say as it seems to vary between testing facilities. Some seem to give 0 ****s as long as it passes the scan, others will look over every piece relating to emissions and if something is not OEM then they will fail you.

Maybe someone can chime in with where they go.
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:38 PM   #104
Scorpia14
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 464173
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza WRX
Sonic Yellow

Bumping an old thread looking for an emissions place to take my 03 wrx with a cobb turboback in Utah. Or if anyone has a stock cat I could borrow for the day. Thanks guys pm me!

Last edited by Scorpia14; 10-29-2019 at 11:51 PM.
Scorpia14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:09 PM   #105
wrxl98
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 101244
Vehicle:
2003 wrx sportwagon
silver cobb stage 2.5+

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
........Emission's are starting to get cracked down on, especially in Utah where the air quality is garbage. I'm surprised it took this long to be honest. I'm wondering how all the diesel trucks are getting away with it still.
You can report the people "rolling coal":

https://slco.org/health/report-a-pro...motor-vehicle/

But based on how often i see it happen it doesn't seem to have had much affect. Would piss me off more if i ever had to have an emissions check.
wrxl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:05 PM   #106
ToastyWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 482358
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Stage2+
Silver

Update for everyone in UT, I have had a Grimmspeed downpipe (1 cat instead of the stock 2), EGR/TGV deletes since 2018/~50k miles.
Last year the guy passed me without even looking under the car.
This year I was told by him and multiple others that they wouldn't even test me because they would have to flag. I even went to a shop recommended to me by a guy with multiple catless vehicles. They failed me.

It seems to be that at least in Weber and SL county, they have cracked down real hard on EGRs, and now shops have to have cameras to take pictures of all the emissions components. Downpipe included, and they failed me for that and EGR. It seems that unless you know someone that doesn't care about their licenses, you will have to be registered to an official address in a county that doesnt require emissions. PO boxes don't cut it anymore either

Luckily my shop was able to get me in, replace the exhaust/EGR/TGV, and retune me within a week. I am now officially legal and passed. I probably lost 50-60hp. But it's just not worth it to me to be swapping parts back and forth every year. It was fun while it lasted, and it is still quick and has a great tune for it's intake/FMIC.
ToastyWRX is offline   Reply With Quote