Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-17-2018, 09:44 AM   #1
Tsixtial
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 462647
Vehicle:
2017 STI

Default Pioneer (features) wiring

I’ll be installing my Pioneer Nex 4400 head unit this week and I was wondering where is everyone placing their apple car play lighting cable?

I bought a 6’ lighting cable and I’m thinking about installing it under the center console into the arm cubby

I also bought an HDMI cable and the Apple A/V adapter so I can mirror my phone screen as well. Same placement as the car play location.

Anyone have pictures or examples?

Thank you
Tsixtial is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2018, 05:33 PM   #2
Voyles
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 247705
Vehicle:
17 Forester XT

I added a 2 port usb extension and put it in the same place as the 12v plug. The plug comes our fairly easy from the back. I figured I have a 12v plug in my arm rest and I didn’t want to drill a hole. I have the USBs plug into the back of the head unit. One for apple and the other for android.
Voyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:38 PM   #3
Voyles
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
17 Forester XT

Ive also a seen a usb and hdmi cable extension style on amazon.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:29 PM   #4
tway22
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 437069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyles View Post
Ive also a seen a usb and hdmi cable extension style on amazon.
Thanks for the tip. I was getting ready to drill into my console. It’s a perfect fit and works flawlessly with my avic8400
tway22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #5
danart
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 492247
Vehicle:
2017 ForesterTouring

Quote:
I added a 2 port usb extension and put it in the same place as the 12v plug. The plug comes our fairly easy from the back. I figured I have a 12v plug in my arm rest and I didn’t want to drill a hole. I have the USBs plug into the back of the head unit. One for apple and the other for android.
If you don't mind, how is your FM reception ? I'm asking because I installed same radio in my Forester and I have poor FM reception since.
danart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 05:39 PM   #6
tway22
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danart View Post
If you don't mind, how is your FM reception ? I'm asking because I installed same radio in my Forester and I have poor FM reception since.
My radio reception has been very poor if it's not picking up the HD radio. I tried everything that some folks here have recommended. I just learned to live it it as I don't use it very often.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:10 AM   #7
Voyles
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
17 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tway22 View Post
My radio reception has been very poor if it's not picking up the HD radio. I tried everything that some folks here have recommended. I just learned to live it it as I don't use it very often.
My FM reception is subpar at the moment unless it's an HD channel. I initially tied the blue wire(power antenna wire) in the maestro harness to the +12 red accessory wire. It would keep blowing fuses so I unplugged it. Idatalink(Maestro developers) told me the blue wire on the 6 pin would need to be cut as that's also grounded. I was told if I cut that, I can then hook up the blue wire in the 20 pin harness back to the +12 volt red wire. I haven't done this yet. In theory, that would power the power antenna. Pioneer doesn't have a blue power antenna wire. They only have a blue/white power amp wire.

I'm also experiencing improper speed on the factory navigation unit. I might be driving 20, by the GPS is registering 48. It will also not go above 50. Pioneer has suggested it's the maestro module. They also suggested I cut the vehicle speed sensor wire from the unit and let the GPS calculate speed. I'm not placing blame on anyone. Idatalink team is saying the unit is the problem and I should do what they say, cut the wire. I do not have the time to pull the unit out to test various changes by cutting and soldering wires. plug and play......
Working long hours and having a 2 year old limits the time I have.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:56 PM   #8
tway22
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
My FM reception is subpar at the moment unless it's an HD channel. I initially tied the blue wire(power antenna wire) in the maestro harness to the +12 red accessory wire. It would keep blowing fuses so I unplugged it. Idatalink(Maestro developers) told me the blue wire on the 6 pin would need to be cut as that's also grounded. I was told if I cut that, I can then hook up the blue wire in the 20 pin harness back to the +12 volt red wire. I haven't done this yet. In theory, that would power the power antenna. Pioneer doesn't have a blue power antenna wire. They only have a blue/white power amp wire.

I'm also experiencing improper speed on the factory navigation unit. I might be driving 20, by the GPS is registering 48. It will also not go above 50. Pioneer has suggested it's the maestro module. They also suggested I cut the vehicle speed sensor wire from the unit and let the GPS calculate speed. I'm not placing blame on anyone. Idatalink team is saying the unit is the problem and I should do what they say, cut the wire. I do not have the time to pull the unit out to test various changes by cutting and soldering wires. plug and play......
Working long hours and having a 2 year old limits the time I have.
Thanks, I'll have to try that. I blew out my fuse trying to do this too. Although I don't have much motivation to even try to pull it all out and try this again. I just use the radio app on my iphone and it works on apple car play as well to get all my local radio stations. Wireless carplay has been great.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:36 PM   #9
gantou
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 467982
Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Hey guys, I had issues with bad reception too, but after digging around for awhile and looking more closely at the Pioneer wiring instructions I found that the System Control wire from the Pioneer wiring harness should be connected to the power antenna cable from the car harness. This allows the antenna booster to get power. It worked like a charm for me.
gantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:20 PM   #10
tway22
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantou View Post
Hey guys, I had issues with bad reception too, but after digging around for awhile and looking more closely at the Pioneer wiring instructions I found that the System Control wire from the Pioneer wiring harness should be connected to the power antenna cable from the car harness. This allows the antenna booster to get power. It worked like a charm for me.
So you connected the blue/white wire from pioneer harness to the power antenna cable?
Old 02-25-2019, 10:15 PM   #11
gantou
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Quote:
So you connected the blue/white wire from pioneer harness to the power antenna cable?
That's correct. This is what I found in the manual that mentions the antenna booster. I had no normal reception before, just HD channels, now I get great reception.

Notice for the blue/white lead
When the ignition switch is turned on (ACC ON), a control signal is output through the blue/white lead. Connect to an external power amp's system remote control terminal, the auto-antenna relay control terminal, or the antenna booster power control terminal (max. 300 mA 12 V DC). The control signal is output through the blue/white lead, even if the audio source is switched off.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:29 PM   #12
tway22
Scooby Newbie

Do you have the HK package? My 2017 STI has the HK package and my blue/white wire from the Pioneer harness is currently connected to the blue/white wire of the Maestro harness whish is the Amp Turn on wire.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:48 PM   #13
gantou
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2018 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Do you have the HK package? My 2017 STI has the HK package and my blue/white wire from the Pioneer harness is currently connected to the blue/white wire of the Maestro harness whish is the Amp Turn on wire.
I don't but you should be able to use it for both the amp and the power antenna booster by connecting all 3 wires. I actually added another wire to my setup for if I get an amp down the line and just capped it off for now.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:37 AM   #14
Voyles
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
17 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantou View Post
I just fixed my fm reception too. Since I have the maestro RR, I had to cut the blue wire on the 6pin connector. Once that was done, I was able to add the antenna blue wire to the amp turn on wire. I now have all my radio stations working that I never listen too.***129303; basically, the maestro su2 harness instructions needed additional work.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:48 PM   #15
tway22
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
I just fixed my fm reception too. Since I have the maestro RR, I had to cut the blue wire on the 6pin connector. Once that was done, I was able to add the antenna blue wire to the amp turn on wire. I now have all my radio stations working that I never listen too.***129303; basically, the maestro su2 harness instructions needed additional work.
My reception is great now. Thank you.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:33 PM   #16
danart
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 492247
Vehicle:
2017 ForesterTouring

Nevermind...

Last edited by danart; 11-16-2019 at 02:18 PM.
danart is offline   Reply With Quote