Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > General Community

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-22-2021, 09:22 PM   #76
Waldron91
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 524878

Just got the e-mail today that my car was received by the dealership. It will be ready for pick-up early next week. As far as the dealers posting the factory orders on their site. My dealership never listed my car online and I checked regularly.
Waldron91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2021, 09:28 AM   #77
joecho530
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 525313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldron91 View Post
Just got the e-mail today that my car was received by the dealership. It will be ready for pick-up early next week. As far as the dealers posting the factory orders on their site. My dealership never listed my car online and I checked regularly.
Congratulations, that is exciting news! I would probably run to the dealer just to see the car in existence out of sheer joy. I wish there was a closer monitoring status for these factory orders.
joecho530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:42 AM   #78
500_19B
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 524021
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2021 STI
2002 WRX, 2023 Crosstrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo12 View Post
Went with the lapis blue! Should get a von in the next few days. Thanks guys. Another dumb question but I can't find it anywhere. Does the 2021 rear diff still use the r180 clutch type or have they changed it to an open diff?
Congratulations!

The current STI does have a TORSEN-type limited-slip differential (for sure) and it is, I believe, the same R180 that we are used to.

Interestingly, Lapis blue is not a normal option on the Canadian site, although maybe you can still order it...

In my case, I wrestled between WRB and white. Our '02 Bugeye (which we are keeping) is WRB, so I finally went with white.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (64.5 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by 500_19B; 07-23-2021 at 11:06 AM.
500_19B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:53 AM   #79
WaxyAgenda
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 523722
Vehicle:
2021 Sti
CWP

I ordered my 21 in mid March and received it the end of May. I also went with White! It's my first non black or grey car, and I'm very happy with it.
WaxyAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 01:20 AM   #80
joecho530
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxyAgenda View Post
I ordered my 21 in mid March and received it the end of May. I also went with White! It's my first non black or grey car, and I'm very happy with it.
It looks like around two month timeline on average. I just wish I had ordered mine sooner.
Old 07-24-2021, 09:27 AM   #81
chrisd87
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 344446
Vehicle:
2012 00 GC8, 02 S202

Lapis blue would have been my first choice next to Magnetite grey metallic. I should have asked prior to ordering. It would have matched my 4 other Sti's somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500_19B View Post
Congratulations!

The current STI does have a TORSEN-type limited-slip differential (for sure) and it is, I believe, the same R180 that we are used to.

Interestingly, Lapis blue is not a normal option on the Canadian site, although maybe you can still order it...

In my case, I wrestled between WRB and white. Our '02 Bugeye (which we are keeping) is WRB, so I finally went with white.
chrisd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 02:17 PM   #82
drrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325901
Vehicle:
1217 2 WRX Limiteds

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecho530 View Post
When I go back to the VIN history of the car I requested factory order for, it shows that the car was listed for sale a week or two earlier than the actual delivery date, so I think it is normal practice. It sucks when you are not the one who ordered and want the car. I am in that shoes right now.

It may be, in case the customer who requested the factory order does not commit to the purchase but that is just my guess. From where I am though, these STIs do not even sit on the lot for over a week before someone buys them.

This. I put money on mine... 5 months ago. but they said, if I didn't want it they would have no issue selling it. I expect that to be true
drrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:15 PM   #83
Cosimo12
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 523460

Just got my von number from the dealer and its showing last week of November, hopefully it comes sooner but who knows.
Cosimo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:19 PM   #84
Cosimo12
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500_19B View Post
Congratulations!

I checked the Canadian site (Canadian living in the US) before ordering in the US and you're right Lapis blue isn't available. It isn't available in Japan either, I wonder if it's a US only color option?
Old 07-29-2021, 04:05 PM   #85
WhiteRX09
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 321304
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX
White

Default Welp

Well I called and emailed the dealer I was going to factory order from and no response, So I called the next closet dealer to do a factory order, and low and behold, they had the color I wanted coming in next month. It doesn't have one option I would have gotten (STS), and some that I wouldn't have (led dome lights are a waste IMHO), but instead of waiting until November, I only have to wait until the end of August and I am happy as a clam.
WhiteRX09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 05:27 PM   #86
Cosimo12
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRX09 View Post
Well I called and emailed the dealer I was going to factory order from and no response, So I called the next closet dealer to do a factory order, and low and behold, they had the color I wanted coming in next month. It doesn't have one option I would have gotten (STS), and some that I wouldn't have (led dome lights are a waste IMHO), but instead of waiting until November, I only have to wait until the end of August and I am happy as a clam.

Don’t know if this will make you feel better but I originally had the sts in my build but changed it when I found out it only 10% difference from the stock unit. I’ve had kartboy shifters on all my subarus and have been very happy with them.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:50 PM   #87
chrisd87
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 344446
Vehicle:
2012 00 GC8, 02 S202

I believe the 2015+STS has a 30% reduction in throw pitch compared to the 02-07 and 08-14 which was 10%. I may be wrong.

Short throw shifter, dome lights, spoilers on base models (in Canada) etc. are all added options the dealer installs. The cars are never built on the assembly line with out of model spec options (base, sport, sport tech).
chrisd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:14 PM   #88
WhiteRX09
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 WRX
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo12 View Post
Don’t know if this will make you feel better but I originally had the sts in my build but changed it when I found out it only 10% difference from the stock unit. I’ve had kartboy shifters on all my subarus and have been very happy with them.
I’m good. The only reason I was going to get it was it was on my last one so I was used to it after years. I do find it interesting how each year they change what pop package 02 actually comes with. In 19 it was led dome, all weather, vortex gen, trunk film, and STS. Now it’s most of the same but removes STS and vortex gen and adds homelink mirror. Like oh what parts do we have left over from last year, okay that’s the package lol.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:22 AM   #89
Jack
Add Lightness

Member#: 13699
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2021 Building
It Better

Get it without the STS and then buy the far superior Kartboy overpriced garbage. You'll be far happier with it.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:08 AM   #90
ntg44
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 510765
Vehicle:
2020 WRX STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRX09 View Post
I couldn't notice the difference. I've had 2 2020s. My first one was without STS, my second has it. I prefer the regular shifter to be completely honest. My first 2020 didn't grind into 2nd and my new one with STS does.
ntg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 10:11 PM   #91
drrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325901
Vehicle:
1217 2 WRX Limiteds

Finally got mine today. Ordered March, got it in July.

I’d like to say it was worth the wait but man, I never want to wait like that ever again.

Compared to my old 17 wrx, it’s just more lively feeling especially in the steering, braking, handling. Less torquey in the around town driving though. It’s great seeing that stupid wing in my mirror.

More civil then my 12 340/380 wrx. Although that makes sense. Definitely more comfortable. I don’t think it’s worth comparing the two.
drrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 10:55 PM   #92
joecho530
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrx View Post
Finally got mine today. Ordered March, got it in July.

I’d like to say it was worth the wait but man, I never want to wait like that ever again.

Compared to my old 17 wrx, it’s just more lively feeling especially in the steering, braking, handling. Less torquey in the around town driving though. It’s great seeing that stupid wing in my mirror.

More civil then my 12 340/380 wrx. Although that makes sense. Definitely more comfortable. I don’t think it’s worth comparing the two.
Finally! Very glad to hear that and it sure was a long wait for you. I would have turned into ashes at that point. Mine seems to be weeks away now but hoping that stays the case.

I guess some tweaks here and there since 17 makes a slight difference. Never owned an STI myself so I only have my '19 WRX to compare. Only heard about how people talk about how WRX and STI cannot even compare and I am dying to see what it's like.
Old 08-19-2021, 08:15 PM   #93
WhiteRX09
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 WRX
White

It’s hereeeeeee. Woohoo.
Old 08-20-2021, 07:24 PM   #94
suzuka_joe
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 291087
Vehicle:
2015 STI
CWP

my dealer told me my '21 CWP base STI will be delivered in September... I do have the vin and window sticker so now we wait.
suzuka_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:44 PM   #95
SprinterWRX2018
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 477013
Vehicle:
2019 STI Limited
Ice Silver Metallic

Does anyone know if subaru will keep the current STI one more year as a MY 2022 before the redesign comes out?
My local dealers said after they sell their current inventory there will be no more sti until 2023.
I am on the fence of trading up my current STi for one of the last EJs. But I can't imagine spending two to four thousand dollars above MSRP right now even with the high trade in offer.
I find it hard to believe they wouldn't offer the current STI another year especially with subaru not coming out with a "final edition " send off EJ sti yet!
SprinterWRX2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 09:29 PM   #96
murrdogg24
Scooby Guru

Member#: 50586
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
64 Impala

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprinterWRX2018 View Post
Does anyone know if subaru will keep the current STI one more year as a MY 2022 before the redesign comes out?
My local dealers said after they sell their current inventory there will be no more sti until 2023.
I am on the fence of trading up my current STi for one of the last EJs. But I can't imagine spending two to four thousand dollars above MSRP right now even with the high trade in offer.
I find it hard to believe they wouldn't offer the current STI another year especially with subaru not coming out with a "final edition " send off EJ sti yet!
I was hoping the final edition would be coming next year, I may try to trade up for one if they do!
murrdogg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:49 PM   #97
WReXinEfX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 20405
Vehicle:
2000 OBS WRX Swap
Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecho530 View Post
Finally! Very glad to hear that and it sure was a long wait for you. I would have turned into ashes at that point. Mine seems to be weeks away now but hoping that stays the case.

I guess some tweaks here and there since 17 makes a slight difference. Never owned an STI myself so I only have my '19 WRX to compare. Only heard about how people talk about how WRX and STI cannot even compare and I am dying to see what it's like.
Well it depends on the purpose if you're DD or track. The WRX is better for DD and the STI will never beat the WRX for that purpose. I never gotten better than 16mpg with the STI in mixed driving. Mechanically you'll find the handling, power delivery, and sounds to be very different.
WReXinEfX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 08:44 AM   #98
mphfrom77
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 406984
Vehicle:
2015 WRX base w/STS
Silver

Default Ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
If you have not driven back to back an STi with Recaros and one with standard seats, do so before plunking down an extra $2200. My son and I did exactly that, then he ordered the base with the standard seats. You might think they're worth the extra money. Just be informed, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
I actually purchased one yesterday...came with the Recaros.

My mind was already made up because I wanted power seats. If I could have gotten power seats on the base seats, then I would have been fine with the base seats I'm sure.

Having driven my base '15 WRX (that I traded in yesterday) with manual seats for he last 6 years I just eventually came to the conclusion that I couldn't maneuver the seat to suit me enough.

Weird...I'm constantly changing my seating position...not sure why. Small little adjustments.

I'm actually really happy I got power seats again now. Wasn't happy that my '15 WRX couldn't get powers seats unless I stepped up to different packages. I'm at least glad I didn't have to get a sunroof just because I wanted power seats this time around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtlyearsley View Post
What color did you get? I love my Recaros! If you have the money then who cares what anyone else thinks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrdogg24 View Post
thats weird, once I get my seat position set I never change it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
went in to look at a sti and the recaros were uncomfortable to my surprise. my shoulders were too wide and the contour made it miserable. i hate CVTs but may getting a legacy XT touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatride01 View Post
I went through this same thing, not too long ago. Well, almost a month ago...and while the Recaro's were nice, the 2K hit to the price tag of the car was not. There's the base, the base with Rec's, and finally the limited.

I chose a base, knowing the stereo sucks (negligible issue to me), middle rear seatbelt is black all others are red (odd cosmetic issue, doesn't bug me), some odd clunk in my suspension which is going to get checked, a slight ticking coming from my front passenger window (also will be checked), lifetime warranty on powertrain, etc.

All in all, it's a fun car to drive which is why I purchased it. I missed the manual, really. The Legacy 3.6R that I traded out of was more of a touring car, but, couldn't keep both.
If you can find a 2020 still on a lot, which I couldn't anywhere close, I'm sure you can grab a super deal. Otherwise, 2021's are becoming more prevalent now.

GL no matter what route you take.

BTW...

This right here, is huge. I didn't want a sunroof, either. Never use them, another point of failure/leaks/weight/headroom, etc.
Man...I can't stand this driver seat. My wife apparently loves the seats, but she's usually just in the passenger seat. She rarely drives this car. Think she's worried these days ever since she started working from home and rarely driving much since, at least compared to what she used to do.

But I just can't seem to get comfortable in them. Feel like they just lack support or something. I feel like they can't stand up to what this car can do.

I'm actually going to pursue an avenue of replacement or upgrading them. I would think there's gotta be a company out there that could just take these seats and ...improve them. Anybody know if companies like this exist?

Ugh
mphfrom77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 08:53 AM   #99
mphfrom77
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 406984
Vehicle:
2015 WRX base w/STS
Silver

Default And...

And btw...I guess everything has gotten a little crazy, in the car business, since this thread started or since I entered this thread and bought my new 2020 STi at the end of March. For me it was kind of a spur of the moment deal. Got my '20 at the end of 03/21 for $3700 below msrp (after $500 loyalty coupon).

Was browsing around recently. Seems like specialty cars like an STi are going for over, even well over msrp. Crazy
mphfrom77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 01:58 AM   #100
Fishie31
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 366436
Vehicle:
2020 WRX STI
WR Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
And btw...I guess everything has gotten a little crazy, in the car business, since this thread started or since I entered this thread and bought my new 2020 STi at the end of March. For me it was kind of a spur of the moment deal. Got my '20 at the end of 03/21 for $3700 below msrp (after $500 loyalty coupon).

Was browsing around recently. Seems like specialty cars like an STi are going for over, even well over msrp. Crazy
Yeah, I poked in here and there and saw that people are paying way over MSRP for their cars this year where dealers are begging you to buy their cars last year. I was one of the fortunate ones to take the plunge last year and saved a good chunk of change, that was spent on "minor" mods right as I got the car LOL
Fishie31 is offline   Reply With Quote