Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday December 10, 2019
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Rocky Mountains Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Rocky Mountains Impreza Club Forum -- RMIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.







* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2019, 11:58 PM   #1
snow_bound26
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 395793
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 92x Aero
Blue

Default Open source software

I just moved to SLC and am having some fuel cut issues. I have all the software downloaded and installed but haven't been able to figure out how to log properly so I can try to figure out what's going on and talk to my tuner. Just wondering if someone would be willing to sit down with me for a little while and show me how to properly log and save the data? I'm located in the Sugarhouse area but am willing to drive to you to make things easier.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
snow_bound26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:59 AM   #2
Sour_K
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 370021
Join Date: Oct 2013
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Hatchback
WRB

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_bound26 View Post
I just moved to SLC and am having some fuel cut issues. I have all the software downloaded and installed but haven't been able to figure out how to log properly so I can try to figure out what's going on and talk to my tuner. Just wondering if someone would be willing to sit down with me for a little while and show me how to properly log and save the data? I'm located in the Sugarhouse area but am willing to drive to you to make things easier.
What are you using to datalog? I'm guessing its not an accessport.
Sour_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:58 PM   #3
snow_bound26
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 395793
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 92x Aero
Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour_K View Post
What are you using to datalog? I'm guessing its not an accessport.


RomRaider
snow_bound26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #4
oren
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 31193
Join Date: Dec 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Wagon
Blue

Default

Are you using Tactrix for hardware or something else?
oren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 01:42 PM   #5
snow_bound26
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 395793
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 92x Aero
Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren View Post
Are you using Tactrix for hardware or something else?
Yes Iím using Tactrix with EcuFlash and RomRaider. The typical open source tuning programs. Honestly I havenít heard of anything else when referring to open source for the Subaru world.
snow_bound26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:13 PM   #6
oren
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 31193
Join Date: Dec 2002
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Location: Seattle, WA
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Wagon
Blue

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_bound26 View Post
Yes Iím using Tactrix with EcuFlash and RomRaider. The typical open source tuning programs. Honestly I havenít heard of anything else when referring to open source for the Subaru world.
Helps to check. For Tactrix, I can send you a logconfig file you can put on an SD Card that will log all the main interesting values. I can also walk you through the process to add more if you need help. Just PM me your email.

Romraider is useful but I found it more annoying to try to drive around with a laptop for a while.

I'm assuming you have the latest Tactrix with an sdcard slot. If not, you'll have to do the computer.
oren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:16 AM   #7
snow_bound26
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 395793
Join Date: Jul 2014
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 92x Aero
Blue

Default

I know how to select parameters of what I want to to log. The problem is I can't get it to show as a spread sheet per 100rpm. When I pull it up after saving it only shows what I've saved like a screen shot of the live view.

And yes driving around with a laptop is a pain. I have a PC based tablet I'm using which runs the programs fine but I usually ask a friend to come along to start and stop it so I'm not. I did buy the tactrix used but I'll see if it has an sd slot.
snow_bound26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:20 AM   #8
K2marer
Scooby Newbie
 
Member#: 495564
Join Date: Dec 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_bound26 View Post
I know how to select parameters of what I want to to log. The problem is I can't get it to show as a spread sheet per 100rpm. When I pull it up after saving it only shows what I've saved like a screen shot of the live view.

And yes driving around with a laptop is a pain. I have a PC based tablet I'm using which runs the programs fine but I usually ask a friend to come along to start and stop it so I'm not. I did buy the tactrix used but I'll see if it has an sd slot.
Hello,
Complete software is split into small modules and sub-features. An overall analysis of the complete solution is designed and discussed in the team. After that, the bare minimum features, which are required to release the first version is decided. It probably will be a good suggestion to have an option for it. In this case visit this software development company site https://vilmate.com

Last edited by K2marer; 11-14-2019 at 06:26 AM.
K2marer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 05:18 PM   #9
Anub1s
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 81106
Join Date: Feb 2005
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: SL,UT
Vehicle:
2011 STI Hatch
Lightning Red

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_bound26 View Post
I know how to select parameters of what I want to to log. The problem is I can't get it to show as a spread sheet per 100rpm. When I pull it up after saving it only shows what I've saved like a screen shot of the live view.

And yes driving around with a laptop is a pain. I have a PC based tablet I'm using which runs the programs fine but I usually ask a friend to come along to start and stop it so I'm not. I did buy the tactrix used but I'll see if it has an sd slot.
Late to the party but did you set the log file output location under settings?

Pro-tip if you're doing the logging by yourself, set your parameters for logging, save it to a profile, easy loading. Then, turn the defogger switch setting on, that way you only have to hit the defogger button to start and stop and not look over at a screen.
Anub1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.