Strictly Driven
Vendor

Member#: 38894
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza WRX STi
Crystal Gray Metallic

Default Rear suspension clunk

This is for my friend.

He bought a new 04 wrx less then 2 months, on the 23 of october. it has 1580 miles on it right now.

His car was great up untll 900 miles when he started noticing a clunk, thud,bang whatever u want to call it when he's braking to a complete stop.

It has been submitted for service, first time they said it was a loose jack in the suspension. (No idea what that is) The next day they told him to pick up the car. He picked it up checked it in the parking lot of the dealer. the problem was still there but it happen only once, the tried several times to try to recreate it and it was gone. He took the car home the following day as hes driving on his lunch break, he makes a 110 - 120 degree left hand turn at 20 miles a hour and the clunk sounds off. then he checks it at the following stop light and the clunk sounds off. after he returns from his lunch break he calls the service dept at the subaru dealer they did the repair at. They said they ordered a part for the car, but didnt inform him the previous day of that. and they said they would call him when it came in. a week and a half later he gets a call, the service rep tells him the part is in and a appointment is scheduled for dec. 17 2003. the car was droped off the day before at night. He gets a call on dec. 17 (today) at about 5 pm saying the car is ready to get picked up. He picks up the car and drives away from the dealer with out checking this time if the clunk is there. Finally he realises he didnt check, at an upcoming stop light he presses the brake suddenly to check if the clunk is still there. It's still there. The service dept replaced the right rear strut, the strut mount, and anther part initialed CP R. (no idea what that is) This is the 2nd time in 2 weeks the car has been in service for the same problem. He is starting to think his car is a lemon, and is extremely pissed off as he got a new car because his old car a Ford Contour was breaking down on him too much. I feel sorry for him as he took my advice to buy the car he really likes my subaru, i virtually had no problems with mine at all, other then it shutting off on in cold wheather when the car was new.

He's going to call SOA if the problem is not fixed the next time, he is taking it to a different dealer, the next time, which is probably within a week.

He said if it ends up being a lemon he will NOT get a subaru ever again. He said the will look into the EVO instead.

Now the lemon law here in illinois is 4 times with in a year for the same problem. OR "30 or more days in service in a year or 12000 miles which ever comes first"

So what is everyone's elses opinion on this issue.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Strictly Driven is offline   Reply With Quote