Scooby Guru

Member#: 140444
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
05 Stage Free LGT
ATP 3076, 6MT, AVO FMIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltsew View Post
I really want to try getting your avcs controller working on my car. I know you designed it with a 257 in mind, but I'm sure it could easily be adapted to work with a 20x (or maybe already has and I just missed it). I tried sending you a message asking if it was something you'd be willing to give some advice on, but it said your inbox was full.
I PM'd you my email address. I'm pretty sure my controller can be adapted.

There are basically three places where the controller touches the engine:

1) Crankshaft position. I was too nervous about wiring into the stock electronics, so I painted a white mark on a quarter of an AVCS pulley and put an optical sensor in the fan shroud. That should adapt to any EJ. If the fan shroud is the same, you can use the same 3d-printed sensor mount that I used, the file for that is on the github site. If not, you'll have to improvise.

2) AVCS Solenoids. I suspect the AVCS solenoids work the same way - it's just a 12v solenoid that takes a PWM signal to control it.

3) AVCS Sensors. I have no idea whether the sensors are the same or not. But even if they're not, it probably won't take a ton of work to adapt to it.

The USDM sensors take 12v and ground and there's a third line that gets pulled to ground when the cam timing trigger goes past (twice per revolution if I recall correctly).

I can do software, but electrical engineering isn't my thing... I was lucky to have a coworker a couple years ago who volunteered to figured out the sensors and the interface circuit for me. If you're good with electronics, or if you have a friend who is, then hopefully you can figure out how your sensors work, and how to interface with them.

Everything I have is on GitHub, here: https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/AvcsController
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by NSFW; 09-04-2020 at 06:54 AM. Reason: GitHub link
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote