Subimon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 396565
Vehicle:
1999 2.5 RS
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoapBox View Post
Well you said it, you're assuming. It's not like "road rage" isn't a buzz word everyone uses to describe anything from speeding to passing on the right these days...

I'm not saying it's at all likely he doesn't know...all I'm saying is that, based on the limited info provided, we don't know.

A slight tire rub or touch of a handle bar at the rear of the car (while I agree would be noticed by most people in most situations), doesn't have to be all THAT significant to lead to a bike going down.

As I also mentioned...do we even KNOW they made contact? How? Just the statement? What exactly did they see? It would be very easy for a witness to see a car change lanes, and it merely appear that it made contact with the bike.

Again, not much information given in the article.

Well said, the news is infamous for making assumptions, people blindly accepting and jumping to RA-RA-RA ribble rabble mode. Think for yourself, use logic, don't blindly accept. Glad some people are smart enough to point this stuff out

As far as the incident itself, its a sad thing to see and it also tarnishes the name of Subaru and everyone who drives one, unfortunately. So given the tone of some of these comments, should I then assume the biker was riding the ass of WRX driver's bumper, like 90% of the bikers I see on the road? Whereas something as subtle as a tiny tap on the brakes on the WRX would throw a biker careening through the air due to their false sense of security driving so close. Not to mention, behind vehicles 1000's of pounds heavier, yet with infinitely better braking power than said bike riding 2-5 feet (typical) from the drivers rear bumper.

*Just an extreme example of where assumptions can lead, granted my assumption comes from experiences of this happening to me...often. That is, people riding my ass on their bikes when I'm on the highway, not me hitting people, that doesn't happen as often haha.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Subimon is offline   Reply With Quote