WhiteZombie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 338863
Vehicle:
PSM 05 WRX WGN 5MT
95 Caprice 6spd Track Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver98STi View Post
The images embedded in your posts are now much easier to access and view!

Did you have an issue with with rainwater somehow leaking into your car, and then perhaps soaking the carpet's underfelt... and ultimately rusting the floor?

When I went to look at the GF8 that I now own, I asked the previous owner to have a look under the rear cargo area cover. When he lifted the cover to expose the spare tire compartment, I couldn't believe my eyes. The car had obviously been outside in the rain for awhile... and the spare tire tub was full of water to the top! I asked the owner if he kept goldfish back there. Despite this issue, I ended up buying the car... although yes, the water infiltration problem helped to get the price down. Fortunately, the water hadn't been making its way into the passenger/carpeted area of the wagon, and thankfully there was no interior rust.
My GF8 was like that too. Not sure where the water was getting in, as it was a rusting 230k mile daily beater, but poking a little drain holes in the rubber plug at the bottom helped empty it out quicker at least
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WhiteZombie is offline   Reply With Quote