Old 04-10-2021, 04:51 PM   #4412
Patrick Olsen
Scooby Guru

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
1996 Impreza coupe

- Loaded the summer tires in the car to go get them installed and take the winter tires off. The VA Tire that I used 4 months ago to install the winter tires now says they can't install used tires, "company policy". So tomorrow I'll be hitting NTB (which I've already called to verify will do the job). Should've just gone to them today, I didn't realize I drove right past the place going to/from VA Tire. Doh!

- Jacked up the driver's front corner to investigate a noise I've started hearing recently, a *click* I can hear at parking lot speeds when I let off the gas. Then this morning (on my way back from the failed tire swap) I heard a whine/squeal for a few seconds. Pulled the wheel off and discovered I had done an inadequate job of staking the axle nut when I did the wheel bearing a while back - the part I had staked was about 1/3 turn from the divot in the end of the axle. I re-torqued the nut, then did a better job of staking it. I imagine I've already done some damage to the bearing, so we'll see how long that lasts.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote