View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 09:49 AM   #22
jimmy12345678
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 516695
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Thread Update:

My only option on catalytic converters via Autozone and Advance being Dorman, and Dorman products being low quality, cheap garbage in most instances, I decided to go with the Magnaflow catalytic converter #52305. I ordered it this morning and will be installing it as soon as it gets here to see if there's been any improvement.

This experience reminds me more and more of why I go with OE parts whenever possible, oftentimes the aftermarket "equivalents" are junk and either don't last or don't work properly out of the box. The low initial price suckers most in (including me at times) but almost every time I've attempted to "cheap out" on parts it's left me frustrated and caused twice the amount of work and headaches as if I'd just bought quality to begin with.

I feel that this will greatly improve my lack of power and hopefully eliminate the rattle that prompted me to start this thread.

Also, how wise would it be of me to replace the A/F and O2 sensors with OE subie ones? I mean they are 13 years old and have 171k on them already, didn't know if it would be a wise "While I'm in there" kind of thing to do or not, as they aren't hard to access or remove (had the whole exhaust manifold off in 15 minutes, granted I was on a lift).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by jimmy12345678; 02-09-2021 at 12:52 PM.
jimmy12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote