View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 04:25 PM   #20
pleiades276
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 320403
Angry Don't Go To Baierl Subaru in Pittsburgh

7/28/2020 - Go somewhere else

I took my Outback in for a recall that was related to the front exhaust pipe that may make noise per a Subaru bulletin, and I reported hearing a noise coming from under the front of the vehicle. Ryan gave me a loaner and were very pleasant as usual. They couldn't get to my vehicle that day, so they asked me to keep the loaner overnight. Later the next day Ryan called saying my vehicle was done, but the noise was not related to the recall and it would be $300 to fix. I explained that was not in my current budget (Covid) and he said OK, then its $65 because we looked at it. I said well I just wanted the recall work done and wasn't told there would be charges for this visit. There was a long 10 second silence on the phone, then I asked if he could waive the fee because I was not aware of fees during recall work, and eventually he agreed to it. When I picked up the vehicle someone else checked me out and reminded me that they were doing me a favor by not charging me this $65 fee. I peacefully took the car with reluctant head nods and went home.

The service director Josh emailed me, so I emailed him back explaining the experience and today he got back to me by phone. He patronized me and ignored the part of the Subaru bulletin about the noise, and said they were in the right to attempt to charge me for the noise. But I said Ryan did not tell me about any charges at the time of drop off, and Josh said he should have told me. Ryan did not remember if he did or did not tell me about any charges, and Josh still insisted that Subaru was in the right to attempt to charge me for this work. The conversation did not end well. I would recommend taking your Subaru somewhere else, I have been there multiple times with my and friend's vehicles, but now we are at the point where the customer service rep can't even get the job right after the fact.

I've owned a few Subarus in my day, and had service done at Bowser, State College, and a lot here recently. Maybe its Covid, maybe they just squeeze people for money now if you don't want to pony up to their price the instant they call.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
pleiades276 is offline   Reply With Quote