Scooby Newbie

Member#: 12733
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2022 Kia Forte GT
2009 Suzuki Boulevard M90

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_H8_1.8 View Post
I had a pic to post, but imgur is giving me fits lately so no go. Long story short, it's nice to see the comforting glow of your night sights after fishing a G19 out of your storage ottoman, after you fell asleep on the couch but were awoken by loudmouth idiots outside.
I am going to go ahead and give myself a cool starry bra on that...sounded a lot better in my head than how it came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Feeder View Post
My Polymer80 G17 initial assembly is done. The initial trimming and drilling came out great. The front locking block fits great (which is something I had issues with on the previous G17 I made) and the rear rails line up perfectly so the Brownells slide action is like butter ... when the connector isn't installed.

Not sure what the deal is for sure but at first the P80-branded connector was sprung out from the P80 trigger housing too far and was dragging HARD on the slide and the trigger wouldn't reset. The connector was removed and tweaked ever so slightly in but now the trigger reset is mushy but there's still drag on the slide. A new genuine Glock connector has been ordered so we'll see how that works. Replacing the trigger housing with a Glock part will be next if necessary, but then I'm getting away from any cost savings from using aftermarket parts to begin with.

Only other problem is the Brownells guide rod/spring seems to have a slightly larger diameter and drags on everything making it sound like an old rusty screen door, a noise I hate. A Glock part may be needed to fix that too, unfortunately.

Beyond that, most of the Polymer80 frame parts and especially the Brownells slide parts are surprisingly fine. They aren't rated very highly on Brownells' site but they are serviceable to complete a project like this.
I have not dealt with any Polymer80 frames but I hope you get it sorted. It's not fun dealing with a gun that won't run.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
I_H8_1.8 is offline   Reply With Quote