Old 09-05-2003, 03:35 AM   #20
WRXTuner
Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 17778
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WR Bluw

Default Here is a good question asked in the for sale forum.

Quote:
Originally posted by 2MANYCARS
Nice kit, got anything I can use to inject H2O2 into the engine?
I can't see why you wouldn't be able to use this kit to inject Hydrogen peroxide with this kit.

Here is an interesting read albeit a bit technical. H2O2 and other chemicals

Some more notes I found on the web for everyone

"Hot rodders and the military have both been using water/alcohol injection for decades. Water adds thermal efficiency, and helps cool the intake air, while alcohol raises the octane level, and also helps cool the intake. My suggestion is to use cheap 3% hydrogen peroxide (97% water), and mix it with cheap 91% isopropyl alcohol, and spray it as a fine mist into the intake. As the oxygen came out of the peroxide, it would help burn the alcohol, resulting in higher horsepower. Detonation wouldn't be a problem, because the water and alcohol have a strong anti-detonation effect. The basic idea is cheap performance."

"The reason for hydrogen peroxide is this: alcohol both directly and indirectly raises the engine's ability to utilize oxygen(and increases the octane rating), by suppressing the tendency to "knock," or detonate. Because hydrogen peroxide releases oxygen when compressed and/or heated, it makes a good delivery system to get more oxygen into the cylinders. Simply put, higher octane + more oxygen + knock suppression = advanced ignition timing + more power & efficiency."

"Hydrogen peroxide or H2O2 in vapor form has about half the oxygen of atmospheric O2. So that means peroxide has 2.5 times the oxygen molecule for molecule as air does (20% oxygen). So its just like injecting liquid air."

I like liquid air!

Nick

www.WRXTuner.com
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WRXTuner is offline   Reply With Quote