Scooby Guru

Member#: 34935
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
Dad- Core
OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
I got fitted for irons last weekend. Luckily, I am standard length, standard lie and regular flex. The best feeling and most accurate club I tested was the Ping i210 (cast cavity backs) w/True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 R300. I liked how light and easy to swing they were but are $1000 new and I can't find them used in that custom configuration.

The Clevelands are also cast cavity backs w/True Temper Dynamic Gold DST 98 and get good reviews. I don't really care much about looks or brands and like my current irons looks more than the Clevelands but have felt like the current irons are too heavy and reviewers mention the light feel of these.

DG shaft comparison info page 4: https://www.clevelandgolf.com/on/dem...om-Catalog.pdf

I'm definitely excited for the wedges since they also get great reviews and my current wedges have little bounce. I don't like how my 55* sand wedge has a regular flex shaft and can feel the flex too much around the greens and on pitch shots.
I have Srixon z585s (forged CBs) and the stock shafts in those are Nippon Modus 3 105s. You should try to hit those somewhere.

There are always really nice used / demo sets on eBay.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jard is offline   Reply With Quote