View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 01:56 PM   #23
nealric
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 450518
Vehicle:
2016 STI
Arrest Me Red

For what it's worth, no real complaints on our 2020. Nothing but an oil change so far (free by dealer). It's good to hear the horror stories, but the disgruntled folks are more likely to take to the forums than happy customers, especially on a boring appliance car like the Ascent.

I'm frankly a little puzzled by some of the complaints. Body roll? It's no different from any other SUV I've driven. It will take corners at 20 over posted speed no problem. I mean, it's not my STI, but it's fine for what it is. Stereo is pretty good, though perhaps that's because we have a touring?

I agree that eye-sight is a bit annoying at times, but it's doing what it designed to do. You can turn of the lane departure stuff if it bothers you. Performance-wise, it seems pretty good. Only real issues I've experienced is that it sometimes things things like bush branches are solid objects triggering the automatic stop. I also had some weird phantom collision warnings when on a rocky jeep trail in X-mode.

Oil overfill story is somewhat troubling, but you do need to be very careful about overfilling modern cars. Oil changes don't void warranty, but improperly done oil changes do. I'd be surprised to hear an extra half quart caused issues, but it's at least possible. That's one reason I just have the dealer do oil changes for in-warranty cars even though I've done full engine rebuilds myself- it's just better for the dealer to have a record that it was done already in the system. No chance for them to blame you.

I have plans to tow my track car on a road trip next year. I will try and report back how it does. Should be around 3500# total with trailer.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
nealric is offline   Reply With Quote