Siper2
Scooby Guru

Member#: 1134
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2015 Outback H-6
White

Impreza GC8

Such an old thread, yet I've never seen it. Weird.
(Well unless I replied once and forgot since...)

'00 2.5RS, ~100,500 miles, 5-spd.

K&N air filter. Purchased ~ summer 2000.
DISLIKES: Cleaning's a pain.

BroSpeed muffler/intermediate pipe (or at least I THINK I got the pipe). The factory-option one. Cost? I don't remember, but it was too much. Purchased: May 2000.
LIKES: Sounds pretty nice, actually. Very subtle, much more noticeable from outside the car. (Sounds obvious, but some exhausts are noticeable inside the cabin. Mine isn't, really.)
DISLIKES: Costed me WAY too much at time of purchase. Not sure how much wider piping is included, honestly I've never looked.

Kartboy Hangman exhaust hangars (black). Kartboy.com. Purchased: sometime mid-2002.
DISLIKES: **Royal** pain to install.

PDM-Racing CAI, not currently installed. Ordered from PDM direct, $50 US (~$75 CDN at time of purchase in 5/03).
DISLIKES: Haven't noticed any gains/changes. A little extra noise at WOT, perhaps. (I guess that's a "like" ...!...)

Plan: upgrade to 2.25" piping all the way up, if I need to. (Does anyone actually know how far back the "intermediate" pipe goes? And is it a 2.25" pipe? What's the stock piping? So what else would I need to replace, just a center section behind the cat?)

Eventually will get a Scoobysport exhaust, high-flow cat. and some Revolutions Motorsports headers.

-S2-
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Siper2 is offline   Reply With Quote