View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 01:38 AM   #2002
JhonMicky
*** Banned ***

Member#: 503876

Hello everyone,,
I have an 07' 2.5i 5M, and was thinking about a CAI or SRI, but wasn't sure it would do what I want. I'd like a bit more pull above about 4K. In the summer with the AC on there is surging at low speed, that would be nice to get rid of. This is my first FI car, and my other is an 86' Chevy, so I'm not up to speed on a lot of the new stuff, and learning what MAP, MAF, and all the other abbreviations are and mean. I usually get into things pretty deep, but have to get up to speed.
reversephonelookup.onl/ curated.onl/nba-reddit/
I find it interesting about resonance, and the like. I used to build audio, and horn loaded speakers, and some things with intake and exhaust have reminded me of similarities, so I know a bit about how things may work. I have worked for a co that made microcircut materials, and had a contract to develop materials to use in Fiat's emission controls in the 80's, but just know the basics of the controls.

Was wondering what the "Question Mark" looking tube on the intermediate tube between the torque box and the MAF housing was for? To me it looks like a chamber to divert or reduce pressure from backing up the intake when the throttle is closed. Don't understand what that might do, except maybe get faster response when getting off and on the throttle, unless the valves closing sends a wave back out the intake. Wonder what would happen if that intermediate tube was left in place, and just the torque box was removed?

JM
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by JhonMicky; 08-29-2019 at 04:04 PM.
JhonMicky is offline   Reply With Quote