View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 04:38 PM   #9
EdgeAutosport.com
Former Vendor

Member#: 329319

Made a few easy modifications today that should make the Blue Boxer that much better. We wanted to the try the Perrin intercooler along with the Go Fast Bits BOV. While we had the intercooler off, we installed a Torque Solution pitch stop mount to tighten things up a little.

Our impressions and thoughts...

The Perrin intercooler is a really nicely finished piece. It fits really well on the WRX and has plenty of clearance around everything to fit well. The little plastic lip on the back of the shrouding comes over the top of it when you're closing the hood but easily slides over the back of it and allows the same airflow from the hood. We're excited to see what sort of changes in the motor it makes. We'll see what the cooler temps do along with a little better flow.

The Go Fast Bits is great. This is the Dual Port that is adjustable between 0-100% VTA and anywhere in between. This really lets you customize what your BOV sounds like and how it functions. As far as the adjustment goes, it's a matter of opening the hood and reaching to twist the lower section of the head of the BOV. It's as simple as simple gets. The atmospheric venting sound doesn't sound super annoying like some valves but it is loud. It's a crisp sound though, I like it. We'll mess around with it and keep it somewhere in the middle so we still get some function out of it. We're not all about sound but we're not against a little extra personality.

The Torque Solution pitch stop mount is immediately noticeable when you start the car, mainly because of sound. The solid style bushings transfer noise from the starter into the car much more than the stock mount but it's not a big deal at all. It doesn't vibrate at all at idle or cruising (haven't tried it with the A/C on yet at idle but I can't imagine this mount is going to be harsh in any way). You can definitely notice it's there though, although it's subtle. The car feels slightly more tightened up as the motor moves so I can tell it's doing its job. Nothing crazy to report with this one though. However, I'm sure the engine moves less as a result which is what we want. We might upgrade the other mounts later too, not sure yet.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by EdgeAutosport.com; 12-05-2016 at 02:56 PM.
EdgeAutosport.com is offline   Reply With Quote