riccnick
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 311152
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza
Ice Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom52 View Post
we finally got hold of the local Subaru Expert mechanic, who unfortunately cannot do warranty work. He is adamant about NOT trying Sea Foam solution on a new car. He thinks it might be a carburetor problem.

Sadly our local dealer is well known for their terrible Service Dept. So we may have to go elsewhere.

And I just got a report that they have no record of the hard starting being a problem, so they did not want to record the problem. ????? My wife insisted they log it. We need more people doing that or Subaru will never address this problem that seems to have been a Subie problem of many years.
GO FIND A NEW MECHANIC NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocellaris View Post
Considering your car doesn't have a carburetor, you might have to take his advice with a grain of salt
^This.

My service advisor logged the problem without me asking. I was in to have them install the fog lights and I casually mentioned it. She just started typing away, and printed me a copy to prove she put it in the system. She told me she'd have the tech check it out (to no avail) and if it happened again to call her and she'd get me right in.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
riccnick is offline   Reply With Quote