Scooby Newbie

Member#: 407940
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2015 Impreza 2.0
Crystal Black Silica

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexyGirl View Post
Find out if they pulled any codes from the BIU computer ( Body Integrated Unit). If so, let me know what they were.

What exactly is the car doing / not doing?

It is very possible that hard wiring the radar detector and camera could have caused this issue, but I need more information
Both fobs stopped working (keyless entry and start), the car would not unlock with fob, would not turn over if unlocked with key and fob held over the on button, fob reset did not work. Additionally, the alarm was triggered when unlocking the car manually, unable to disable the alarm according to manual instructions.

I had the radar detector installed since Dec and the dashcam installed since March.

The BIU is what went out on the car, totally fried no codes. Warranty claim denied due to dashcam. 902 dollar bill. Apparently the electrical system is just that delicate, going to hook dashcam up to the battery directly. Only 'safe' way have anything installed is to bypass the entire electrical system of the car (dealer technician recommendation, also hinted to return the car to stock before bringing it in).

They said this has only become as issue in the newer vehicles due to a redesign of the electrical system. The said the radar detector didn't do anything because the rearview mirror is connected to the eyesight harness which has a breaker if it backfeeds/short circuits.

TLDR: dont install aftermarket stuff into the electrical system of your 2015 impreza it may fry you BIU and you will get a nice fat bill.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by trevor2.0; 06-19-2015 at 06:37 PM. Reason: added additional info
trevor2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote