View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 04:57 PM   #5569
shikataganai
Scooby Guru

Member#: 92634
Chapter/Region: RMIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentinberg007 View Post
You could put your oldest in a booster seat before she is 16 to free up a little width when running 3 across in the back of the LC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechickencow View Post
[emoji23] at 16.
The 8 year old actually graduated to a booster last week!

Her mammoth car seat is nominally good in 5 pt harness mode to 58" and 90 lbs, but my babies are long, alien babies unlike Mongolian cage wrestler me. She is too tall in shoulder height for it in 5 pt mode now at 49.75" despite being all of something like 54 lbs.

With the rear-facing baby in a Britax Advocate on one side and the near-6 year old on the other she finds it tough to get buckled on her own in her booster so it's not really better, actually.

(She could go to the 3rd row but then access is a pain, since the 6 and 2 year olds are ideally at the edges of the car, thus blocking the folding/tumbling seat, since neither can at least reliably buckle themselves in.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquemada View Post
what about these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfHq0IW9gnA

looks like these are available with AWD
As far as I can tell, only the Express 1500 was offered with AWD. The 1500 was discontinued in 2014, leaving only the 2500 and 3500 in RWD only.

Besides, old school vans with that huge center bump out and old-ass dash layout and the like just aren't attractive. (It would fit into my garage, though, as would the awkwardly-proportioned low roof Transit.)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
shikataganai is offline   Reply With Quote