View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 11:42 PM   #3018
shikataganai
Scooby Guru

Member#: 92634
Chapter/Region: RMIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Bernard View Post
What you'll accept? Strange phrasing for somone who is basically begging them to take it off of them. Andy Bernard will be absolutely stunned if anyone offers you anywhere near that. Andy Bernard will not be stunned, or even mildly surprised, if you do it anyway!
Thus me posting it to keep myself honest. I like this current Model 3, really. It's just that I think I'd like a Performance even more.

It would hardly be the end of the world if you're right and neither Tesla nor CarMax hit my number.

Back to your earlier, self-elided post: I appreciate your concern that I'm stuck on the hedonic treadmill and am engaging in self-delusion in order to rationalize purchases along the way. (Fair summarization?) I just don't think it's a concern for me.

I'm not trying to keep up with the Joneses. I don't have grandiose plans to upgrade my house here. I derive satisfaction from much that is not material: my family, performing music at a high level, being appreciated by my peers at work.

It's just that I also like cars, and this is one of the few aspects of my life where I actually have any freedom of choice, for better or worse.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
shikataganai is offline   Reply With Quote