View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 11:27 PM   #3017
Andy Bernard
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 191244

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikataganai View Post
Updating this for 2.5 months instead of 5 months to give me a framework of what I will accept and what I will deem too low ultimately:

Trade price vs depreciation per month assuming a mid-March trade (2.5 months) including the use tax implications:

48000 -- (491)
48500 -- (275)
49000 -- (59)
49136 break even point
49500 -- 157 of profit per month
50000 -- 373

I'm going to lay it out here (to keep me honest, if nothing else) that the minimum I would accept would be $48.5k on trade, which would result in me having paid $275/month for the 2.5 months of usage from the end of December through mid-March. (Again this is inclusive of tax. Doesn't include finance charges but those wouldn't be much different.)

As with the minivan I figure even $275/mo is lower than the natural long-term rate of depreciation on a vehicle of that expense so I would call that a win. Anything higher yet (or absolute profit) would be pure gravy.
What you'll accept? Strange phrasing for somone who is basically begging them to take it off of them. Andy Bernard will be absolutely stunned if anyone offers you anywhere near that. Andy Bernard will not be stunned, or even mildly surprised, if you do it anyway!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Andy Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote