Subaru Bounty Hunter

Member#: 7131
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2015 Outback - Croc
Dundee Edition Ice Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjustWoRX View Post
I'll start things off: I'm going to be completing my audio setup with a set of surround speakers. I've been 3.1 for a couple years after my set of surrounds disappeared (courtesy of my brother). I'm looking at the Polk M10 series bookshelves, although I'd like to go smaller. I already have good Polk towers, center, and sub...I just need something to complete the 5.1.

Also...I'm a bit confused with all the new audio formats (DTS HD, DD+, TrueHD, etc.). I know I can't actually use these because I have an older receiver, it doesn't even have component inputs. It does have digital optical and coaxial audio inputs though.
Right now I have my HDDVD player and PS3 hooked up via HDMI directly to my television. My TV has both the regular "audio out" as well as a "digital (coax) audio out." If I connect my television to my receiver with the digital coaxial cable, will I be able to listen to dolby digital sound? Or will it only be a 2ch output to my speakers? I guess the only other alternative is to hook up my HD/BD players audio directly to my receiver via optical.

Dudes, help me out here.
buy my RT35is for rear speakers... problem solved...

as far as DTS HD, DD+, TrueHD... does your receiver have 6 channel analog inputs? if so you can use these for lossless and hi res formats, providing your players have 6 channel analog out... if not, you gotta pony up for a Onkyo 605...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DanzBorin is offline   Reply With Quote