View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 07:22 PM   #8
zavi
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 413918
Vehicle:
2004 wrx sti
wrb

My mother has a 19 Subaru ascent. I changed the oil on it 2000 miles ago for her, 4.8qt on the dot 0w20 full synthetic. So she called me yesterday and told me the car stopped running and wouldn't turn on. No codes or anything on the dash, just wouldn't turn over, she said she was going about 30 mph and lost all acceleration and it just shut off. So the dealer got the car today and looked it over. The Mechanic at Subaru is saying that there is to much oil in the car. And he thinks the motor is seized up because of my oil change. I asked him if the oil is frothy or white he said it looks normal. So he is telling me that I put to much oil in (manual says 4.8qts) and that it's possibly seized. They wanna start with plug removal. But they wanna charge her $430 for that, just to see if the motor will turn. This is a lease vehicle 11k miles on it. Never had a issue, and nothing is covered under warranty because I've changed the oil. Twice already on it. What are your thoughts. Please let me know. Oil changed at 5k miles and 10k miles.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
zavi is offline   Reply With Quote