Scooby Guru

Member#: 442
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
17 Imp Spurt
00 S2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice & Gravy View Post
I agree. I think that it will also have a potential to raise handicaps in some instances because the max score on some holes will be higher instead of the standard double bogey.
The ESC system had tiering based on your handicap:

INDEX / MAX
0 - 9 / Double Bogey
10 - 19 / 7
20 - 29 / 8
30 - 39 / 9

Now, it's net double and the tiers are gone. In other words, if you're not getting a stroke on a par 3, your max will be 5. 1? 6. 2? 7. (Used to be 5/7/8/9). Look at that again. 5 then 7. Why is there a 2 shot gap between a 9 Index and a 10 Index? Some things were biased to keep handicaps artifically high, allowing sandbaggers to sandbag.

Pick up the ball when you get net double max and move on. (I know, depends on the game). But seriously... no one has any business shooting 7 on a par 3 when max is 5 (again, if you're not getting a stroke). If you can figure out Stableford, you'll get it. (I've been playing stableford for years every friday and once on the weekend). It's not hard once y ou get used to it. Problem is, many people don't know how to figure out strokes. If anyone wants to know, I can definitely help.

I see almost across the board, the handicaps will be a better representation of playing ability, and won't really be going up much at all due to the stroke cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jard View Post
My crew uses The Grint and it just tracks it so I don’t really care either way.

Played on Sunday and shot a 91 on a course that is always hard for me. I was great off the tee, woods, and hybrid but still can’t hit an iron or wedge (and therefore green) to save my life.

I putted well, no three putts.
Were you fitted for the irons?

--kC
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KC is offline   Reply With Quote