Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326345
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 5-Door Premium
Ice Metallic Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprezaSteveNH View Post
Awesome. Can I tie into it from the top part of the harness? That same color wire is in the dash.

Now...maybe a dumb question...do I run that to the trigger wire on the RCA or do I run it to the power on the cam?
I would not assume that it is the same wire up in your dash at the radio. I would tap in in the bottom right corner there. There are tons of wires in that car and they're not all unique colors.

Related to what to tap into it, I'm not sure I exactly remember. I think it connected to the rear camera harness, not the camera itself. essentially, this wire just triggers your radio to change to backup camera. So for example, when you get in your car and you start it, your radio, Spotify, bluetooth music, etc turns on. When you put the car into reverse your radio has no idea of knowing that you're in reverse because it's still just getting a regular 12-volt feed. So, this wire tells the radio that you're in reverse so that it can change to backup camera mode and you'll see your camera. Your camera is always on, it's just changing the channel to backup mode.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
dcon9999 is offline   Reply With Quote