Old 06-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #179
SilverBear
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 360658
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Limited
Marine Blue Pearl 5-door

Question 2013 Impreza Ltd. backup cam retrofit

Hello all! As a NASIOC newb, let me thank everyone who has put time & effort into making such a GREAT thread.

We just traded in our 5-yr old Forester for an Impreza Limited 5-door. One option we felt we couldn't afford the dealer to install was a backup cam. Being a 60-yr old know-it-all, I assured my wife that with the help of the info you gents have posted [she emailed me the URL to the thread] I could fershur put in a backup camera for her.

We have the stock non-Nav HU, the CM631UD / PF-3391A-A [MR63], so my current understanding gives me this recipe for hours of fun:
1] Buy 8-pin cam harness from SVXdc.
2] Buy a camera & check it out on the HU before attempting surgery.
3] Drill out a mount/passthru in the underside of the hatch panel near the reg-plate lights.
4a] Run the video cable between SVXdc's vid connector and the camera.
4b] Ground SVXdc's spade connector to the HU's bracket screw.
5] Tap the cam's power leads into a 12v line someplace.

Please correct me if I seem deluded in any respect! You all make it seem pretty straightforward.

I have a few questions about what camera to buy, but I'll put that issue in a separate post.

Thanks again everyone, especially to SVXdc for the priceless tech specs, to ST Eye and BobDole888 for the detailed, clear pix of their installations, and to BrysImpreza for starting the thread & keeping it moving with valuable info about his install, and to nubsub for the HU's "secret access cam-adjustment" instructions!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SilverBear is offline   Reply With Quote