Former Vendor

Member#: 241881
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2014 P3 Import Auto
AWD Dyno, Mods, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando5185 View Post
Yeah a very safe one.... for now. I always listen to the car. My wife gets mad b/c I tell her to be quiet alot if I think I hear something strange lol.

Is there more we can do to get quicker spool? The FMIC took away some of my rpm's.. :-(
Yes and no.

We can do a boost leak check to be sure all the joints are sealed, its quite common from FMICs to have little boost leaks when you first install them. If you do have any leaks that will help.

We can put a few little tweaks on the AVCS portion of the tune. I have some maps that my buddy did on a dyno with a DOM3 and an 05 STI. The 20g will be close. This will give you a little more power prior to spool and help a little.

We could also get fancy with timing and fuel prior to spool to kick the turbo a bit but its kind of a balancing act and the returns are not that great.

The reality is you added a lot of pipe that has to charge with air now. You could also consider inverting the intake so the FMIC pipes come in the front of the engine. This shortens them a bit but you would have to sacrifice A/C and move the alternator I believe.

I also have an off the line anti-lag / launch control hack that will give you about 10-15PSI standing still.

By the way we can add a few degrees of timing with that FMIC over what you had and still be in the safe zone. You have not realized the gains of the FMIC until you retune a little especially in Alaska. I doubt the oversized TMIC was really doing that bad but now your ready to flow more air and still keep it cool.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
P3Auto is offline   Reply With Quote