Pre
Scooby Guru

Member#: 139693
Vehicle:
Dura ngo 95
horrorshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather2112 View Post
If I can save $10k by buying a truck with 25k-30k miles, I’d prefer to do that. I’ll likely end up with the 3.5 Ecoboost since it’s near impossible to find a 2.7lt in Utah. Everyone NEEDS the bigger 3.5lt for dick size reassurance. I liked my 2.7lt. It spools quickly and gets going rather effortlessly and I got some damn solid mpg out of it on long freeway drives.

However it does run out of steam in the mid to upper gears when punching it on the freeway but I’ve never had issues. The 3.5lt non high output is a lagwagon but probably more optimal for towing the 20ft trailer.

The 3.5 I drove was b2b with the 2.7. No load, just me test driving, that 3.5 was faster in a straight line. Both were impressive, wasn't expecting that kind of acceleration out of a full size truck but the 3.5 definitely was faster. I drove them in the exact same place and when I hit it in the 3.5 I was like got damn, this thing is fast. The seats were ridic, lazy-boy chairs. It's just the BOF handling which got me to walk. Like you I think the 2.7 EB is sufficient but if the price delta between the 3.5L is minimal I'd take the additional power. MPG? In a truck, like this, irrelevant to me. I get 20 in my Honduh the way I drive it and I don't care but it's not my DD.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote