Scooby Guru

Member#: 15934
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2021 GTI
Cornflower Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by orndog View Post
If it were me, I'd pull everything out of the wall, and pull two strings through with the speaker wire when it comes out. Tie one string off as an emergency back-up spare.
Then I'd prepare to pull it all back in. I'd google how to tie a string to a wire and tape it. This guy goes overkill but you get the picture:
Cable Pulling Knot Rolling Bend v2 - YouTube

Starting with one cable at a time put them together to make a nice long smoothly tapered mess covered ina layer of tape so there are no sharp bumps to catch inside the wall as you pull. One person feeds and one applies steady pulling pressure. A little release and tug should get you past any random obstruction. If you have cross-bracing in the wall and you're stuck at one where a hole was drilled that's too small, well, that camera will come in handy.
I think that's what me and my buddy will try to do in a couple of weeks if he comes over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isotopesope View Post
Can you remove some ceiling tiles and try looking down toward that junction box to see where itís snagged? Worst case scenario you could run an external rectangular cable conduit up the corner of the room, then thru the drop ceiling.

It mightíve gotten stuck because you donít have any art hanging up on the walls.
I looked, can't see anything other than the 2x4 that's attached to the wall and the insulation behind the drywall.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
blue-sun is offline   Reply With Quote