Lord of the Gif

Member#: 1703
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Bianco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWrecKs View Post
Hey guys, looking for some suggestions. Recently got a new XBOX and looking into replacing my existing 50" 1080 LED with a modern 55". Went to Best Buy yesterday and almost walked out with a Samsung Q70T as it was rated pretty well for the price, however it was out of stock. The salesman pointed me to an LG CX series, which was significantly more expensive (1,450ish) but had great ratings and it was OLED--also out of stock.

He mentioned the TV manufacturers are gearing up to release this year's new sets. I saw Samsung is releasing its new Quantum Dot technology, which as I understand, is essentially its version of OLED. Thoughts on this? I'm not in a huge rush, but don't mind spending some $ on a nice TV. My use case is Xbox gaming, and Netflix movie/show watching in the bedroom, which is generally dark. I'll hang up and listen, thanks
If you want something now, buy an LG OLED. They really are at the top of the heap when it comes to displays that are fully functional for gamers. There's nothing that next year's displays will do that the CX (and really the C9 before it) cant already do.

If you are not in a rush, CES is coming up, and new models are being announced. These will typically ship in March. I'd still recommend waiting a couple months beyond that for price, demand, and firmware issues to settle down as is the norm with any new display launch.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Reflex-Arc is offline   Reply With Quote