Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2021 GTI
Cornflower Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapore0n View Post
Step one: pass all cables through the wall

Step 2: go to Amazon and purchase the Banana plugs, because you forgot

Had an issues with running wires through the walls this weekend. I bought a 25 or 35 foot length of RCA cables to run through the walls and move my sub to the corner of the room.

I get the RCA wires up the center of the wall from the receiver to the drop ceiling and over to the corner. Then I tired up extra wire to the existing wires in the wall and pulled that wire up to the drop ceiling. I attached both ends of the RCA wires and start pulling both wires down. Halfway down the wires detach.

So I run to Harbor Freight and grab a fiberglass wire pulling tool. I proceed to attach the spare wire again and get it up. While doing that, the tool is the type that individual rods thread into each other every foot or so, I thought I had 7-8 rods attached and the fiberglass slips inside the wall. I pull with the wire and it does nothing. Can’t see it from the drop ceiling. I pull some more until that wire comes free.

I gave up and left that rod in the wall.

So then I go to Home Depot and get a 25 foot winding steel fishing wire tool. I got that
Wire up from the bottom, attach both speaker and RCA cables again. I struggled getting them down. So I retreat and do just the speaker wire, no problem. Repeat to get just the RCA cable down and it still gets stuck, so I pull it back up and split the Red from the White on the RCA cable and start pulling red (I believe) down. That one gets stuck as well but I keep pulling down hoping to force it. Well, it’s stuck and stuck good, along with the Steel fishing wire, in the wall. Gave up and I don’t know what I’m going to do.

Pics of varying states and thr Home Depot wire tool.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
blue-sun is offline   Reply With Quote