Scooby Newbie

Member#: 37002
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2004 STi
Silver/Gold

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth2000
No, it's definitely to 10 gallons ... that's what it says on torco's website ....

They use 93 as their base though, and 104 as a total when mixed with those quantities ......
Where?

This is the Torco page about Accellerator.

And it doesn't say 10 gal. anywhere. It gives no mixing info at all. I found others on the web who quoted widely varying numbers. Anyone have info directly off the can?

Edit:

I looked at need4speedpower.com

It says torco "treats" 10 gal of fuel. It also says you get "up to" 104 octane when proper mixing instructions are followed. This does not mean 1 can added to 10 gal gives 104 octane. It might mean this, but octane booster manufacturers are notoriously optimistic about the performance of their product. Given the actual Torco site says nothing, I'd like to know what the can, or instructions that come with the stuff says.

If it does boost 10 gal of 93 to 104, then the "octane" of the torco is 533 and it will take 9 oz of torco to bring a whole STi tank from 91 to 93, at a total tank cost of $32.50, so it's still slightly more expensive than Xylene bought in bulk ($31.30), although a lot more convenient. If the stuff eats your cats and fouls O2 sensors, then the cost goes way up.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by cgroppi; 09-16-2003 at 11:00 PM.
cgroppi is offline   Reply With Quote