Scooby Newbie

Member#: 41800
Vehicle:
04 WRX STI
White

Quote:
Originally posted by WReX'N
T1
No Problems installing those spring. They are as easy as can be, if you have the right tools. With out the right tools, you cn find yourself using more muscle than needed.

The rear Bolts were a pain in butt to get of, cause they were on VERY tight, the fronts came of easier.

Make sure you take note of the the Strut Tops and how they are in relation to the body of the Strut. You will see that there is a particular way it is aligned.

I would take all 4 struts out and as you install the springs, and complete the assembl, check it against the stock set, and make sure everything is aligned, that will save you tons of headaches, when you are putting them back into the car.

Took me about 3 hrs by myself.

One cool thing you might want to look at is how thick the Struts are when you have it apart, take the plastic boot off and look at the piston on that thing.

WReX'N
Thanks for the reply, my main concern is the alignment of everything, I have all the right tools to complete the job, it will be around the first of October till I can get the springs in the car, I will probably do a 4 wheel alignment just to be safe, the Subaru dealership here locally does them for about $45 Just wandering if I was going to run into any snags! I'll take pics when complete, I think if I remember correctly that the springs lower the STI around 1 1/4 inches!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Terminator1 is offline   Reply With Quote