Old 08-14-2020, 12:22 PM   #3
00redobs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325233
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/WRX View Post
Hello, so I'm considering getting a 2000 2.5 RS as a fun weekend car for my wife. The one in question is a 2000 with 148k miles. Has some basic mods like headers, exhaused, lowering springs. Otherwise looks stock. Decent condition body for age but has not been garaged so pain is dull. Doesn't help it's silver which dulls worse with age. According to the guy the only issues with it are the A/C compressor needs replacing and he suspects the fuel pump is going out. He states that when starting the car you often have to hold the gas pedal down in order to start it. It's been his daily driver for the last 6 years so at least I know it can get around. He is asking 5k for it. I haven't yet seen it in person or driven it as it's about 45 min away and i'm waiting for the weekend. However I'm trying to see if he is willing to take 3k for it as it seems like it's going to need at least 1k in repairs and tune up, if not more once I see it in person. I know the 2.5 RS is a rare car but not sure going price on these now and days. Also I know these cars can have head gasket issues. He states he hasn't had any in the last 6 years and doesn't know if the previous owner did either. I know the SOHC is less likely to cause the engine to blow but still, is this something I should look to replace immediately just to be safe??
Is the car your referring to in Vegas?

I wouldn't replace the head gaskets if it isn't leaking. The valve cover gaskets are probably leaking though.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
00redobs is offline   Reply With Quote