Scooby Guru

Member#: 107618
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
06 GG WRX / 09 FXT
@florencedestinedfxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenliu84 View Post
Hey guys, just to be clear - your reviews are about the Indy500s right? Not the RE003s?

Only experience I've had with summer tires are the Star Specs Z1s and the PSSs. Star Specs outgripped the PSSs but the PSSs handled the wet better (obviously), less noisy, just better all around. I felt the trade-off in dry grip was worth it. I've had the same PSSs for the last three summers (broke them in on a HPDE event) and there's still a lot of tread left, probably around 20K miles now.

If these rave reviews keep piling up, I'll keep my eye out for these as the replacement in a few years.
Well, it's time. Before this past winter when I swapped out my sets, I noticed tearable wear on the inside of my PSSs. I haven't had an alignment in a few years so the front right was roughly -3+ degrees. I probably could've eeked out another 2 years or 10K miles if I was more consistent on getting alignments.

Due to COVID-19, I haven't driven my wagon at all. Decided to find out what's new in terms of summer tires and remembered this thread.

Perfect timing - Firestone currently has a $100 rebate until July 4th. Will order them after this.

While I was considering pulling the trigger on the PS4S', I can't justify the 2X in cost compared to the Indy500s for a barely daily driver.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
REX_WGN is offline   Reply With Quote