View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 10:20 PM   #25
jimmy12345678
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 516695
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Default Update

Okay, still having issues with my Subie, which I'll explain below.

It's still making the rattling noise at high RPM's, but now on a recent road trip the car would barely climb a hill, I had to pick up speed and play with the gears to keep up my speed enough to climb any steep grade, had to use my flashers a couple times because the car just wouldn't keep up with traffic. Did manage to make it home. It set a MIL approximately 45 miles from home after poor performance and fuel economy for the entire trip (around 19 mpg, whereas last summer we averaged around 29-30 under similar driving conditions). I also noticed that the car would "surge" when I'd manually shift into 4th gear at times and it still wanted to rev high and had no power in 2nd gear, and next to no power in 3rd.

The codes stored in the PCM were a current P1153 O2 sensor circuit/range performance B1S1, a pending P1153 and a P0171 system too lean code. Just got back home this evening so haven't had time to diagnose anything yet, but my "gut" is telling me it's a failing fuel pump based on the driveability issues.

I'm still at a loss. Will be doing some diag work tomorrow but what do you guys think of this new development with this issue?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jimmy12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote