View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 01:03 PM   #6
Jp925
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 510046

Could you pleas share what things should be reading? I have this issue on a freshly rebuilt 07 STi and I have rom raider to view live values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubbsta View Post
Hey, as AliBenn stated spraying brake clean around you intake system will show where there is a leak - when the engine sucks in the brake clean (which is combustible) it'll throw off your stoichiometric ratio and cause the engine to sputter as if it were about to stall. Though I don't usually recommend using chlorinated brake clean as the fumes can be pretty dangerous. Often I see the intake gaskets, tumble generator valve gaskets, and a small rubber cap on the passenger side of the intake manifold to be leaking. Do keep in mind, sometimes these gaskets will only leak when the engine is cold - if you can't replicate a system lean code - you can't properly diagnose it. Most common causes - failing intake system, fuel pressure issue, faulty MAF sensor, faulty coolant temp sensor, exhaust leak BEFORE the o2 sensors (not after). If you have a scan tool that can read live data I can send you a test plan as to what you should be looking for. Goodluck!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jp925 is offline   Reply With Quote