jimmy12345678
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 516695
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbert Bass View Post
I've used Suby, BG, MOC.
If you are talking about the system where you plumb into the fuel rail and apply through the injectors I wouldn't go to all that trouble. That is iff you have injector issues.
I would just go with any of the name brand spray cans that you can spray in the intake through a vacuum port. Just spray it in near the throttle body so it gets in all the runners, hence using the purge solenoid port.
When I was at the dealer we used the bottled Suby or MOC stuff in a siphon setup with a valve and let engine vacuum draw it in. I propped the throttle at 1500 RPM and set the valve so it would take about 3- 4 minutes to draw 12 ounces.
No this stuff is in an aerosol can with a long spray nozzle that you're supposed to run between the throttle body and the intake tube and it sprays cleaner much the like BG fuel cleaner does, even had a lock on the lid so you could lock it down and rev the engine while it's spraying. I just utilized the nipple you mentioned and stuck the hose inside of it. Car smoked a good bit while it was running and I kept it around 2k RPM's until the can ran out and now seems to run better under heavy acceleration.

Wasn't able to recreate the conditions that cause the noise today because that road is a good 20 minute drive from where I live and it's quite snowy and slushy today, so I'll have to wait to know 100% for sure if there's been any improvement.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jimmy12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote