Old 07-06-2015, 03:43 AM   #25
Anakro
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 401613
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2005 Outback XT lim
Silver

Well that explains why my cruise control on my 05 outback xt isn't working. I have the P1718. That's my only code. AT CAN communication circuit. That's pretty much all I know after reading this thread: There might be a sensor on the passenger side of the transmission, but no confirmation there.
I bought my car with a engine that broke a rod and piston. Built a whole new engine using a lot of parts from this sites classifieds and a short block from a guy off craigslist in Seattle that turned out to be bad. Just bought a used long block from a guy in Portland here and put it in yesterday. So I'm really just driving the car for the first time. It would be nice to have functional cruise control and no check engine light!

I'm assuming I can just manually clear the code for good using my tactrix cable, ecu flash, and romraider to fool the cruise into working again and not having my check engine light on. But... I was hoping for some knowledge about the code, and what it means, it's relevance/ importance. My trans shifts ok, but it makes some bad noises at idle that are definitely not the engine. If finding a fix for the P1718 made the tranny noise go away, I'd be very pleased :-)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Anakro is offline   Reply With Quote